1:72 Airfix Grumman Widgeon/Gosling

Okay, after my failed start with the BV I had a look through the stash for something small and simple. As you will see this was a ModelZone bargain bin special

On opening the box I fast realised that this wasn't going to be quite so simple. The kit fitting quite badly, probably due to the fact that the original moulds are as old as me!

However I did a bit of research and found that a silk purse can be mad from this sow's ear. LINKY Now if I can get mine looking half as good I will be over the moon.

DSC_0260_zps66bdb4d5.jpg

So after a few hours which involved removal of a lot of flash and the locating pins, plus a fair amount of sanding to get things to fit. I arrived at this stage

DSC_0265_zpsda6399ae.jpg

DSC_0266_zps23273907.jpg

As you can see this one is going to have a bit of filler!

However I did a bit of research and found that a silk purse can be mad from this sow's ear. LINKY Now if I can get mine looking half as good I will be over the moon.

Looks like that guy put a lot of extra work into his build ... don't know about you, but if it were me, I'd probably have given up with all that rescribing and riveting!

Looking forward to your build, Mish, we'll enjoy seeing your handiwork on this kit!

• Like 1

Looking good so far Mish, it is indeed a pig of a kit ( and that's being unkind to pigs), good luck!

Sean

• Like 1

• 1 month later...