Avro Arrow - a correct version of the Hobbycraft 1/72 kit - I hope!

This was the original version

Arrowversions1and2_zps7a9e25dc.jpg

This was the second. Identical to the first except that the Elevon actuators had been moved to the underside of the wing

Arrowversion2_zps8f4fe325.jpg

A completely new and much better version has been issued but I am not sure if it is available in the UK

John

A completely new and much better version has been issued but I am not sure if it is available in the UK

John

I got my new tool 1-72 Arrow form a shop in Canada (http://www.elmcityhobbies.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_278_279&products_id=2926), as there was no distributer in Europe at that time as far as I could make out. It was not really a bargain but cheaper than buying from Squadron (they also list this kit) with their ridiculous P&P prices nowadays.

Rene

• 5 weeks later...

The main u/c was 'built in the air' using tubes of various diameters held together with CA.

Arrowucbeingbuilt_zps45ccf8e0.jpg

It's now to be found in Ready for Inspection

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234949577-avro-arrow-a-corrected-version-of-the-original-hobbycraft-172-kit/

I hope you think it was worth it.

John

• Like 1

Just did a Google on the Arrow as I am woefully ignorant of this aircraft.

A sad story very reminiscent of the TSR2.

It seems our politicians haven't changed, looking at the saga of the overpriced aircraft carriers...

• Like 1

Ah one of my all time favourites I cant wait to make one of these. IMO one of the most beautiful aircraft ever made. Such a shame its got such a horrid story about it. I would have loved to see one fly..

I would love to make a Whiff RAF version too in the same scheme as it looks like a V-Bomber..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

It's sad that the late Avro Arrow kit is almost impossible to find and get these days. I probably lay my hands in the next HC Sabre I see. Wonder where the HC Avro Arrow moulds are today...

Cheers / André

I have tried to build this kit in the past but, after a number of falls (not intentionally) I've decided to put it aside.

Would be interesting though to see how this build will evolve!!

Andre, PM sent regarding availability of a kit.

I don't think that it was ever issued over here as I never saw it on Hannant's site. Maybe it was too expensive. If my (dodgy) memory is correct it would have retailed at £60.

John

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shalako said:

I have tried to build this kit in the past but, after a number of falls (not intentionally) I've decided to put it aside.

Would be interesting though to see how this build will evolve!!

I'm not sure what you mean as it was finished over five years ago.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234949577-avro-arrow-a-corrected-version-of-the-original-hobbycraft-172-kit/

John

It is always confusing when people drag years-old threads out of the darkness. If people have something new to say about a particular kit it would be much better to start a new thread in the relevant general discussion forum, in this case either Cold War or Rumourmonger, not in an antique WIP thread

I'm inclined to agree, especially if the comment is not very relevant to the actual model however, as the perpetrator, is does give me a warm glow seeing the numbers of hits it has had. I have either helped many builders or put them off from having to wrestle with it.

John

14 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

It is always confusing when people drag years-old threads out of the darkness. If people have something new to say about a particular kit it would be much better to start a new thread in the relevant general discussion forum, in this case either Cold War or Rumourmonger, not in an antique WIP thread

One can always read the date of the threads...

Cheers