Tornado Marine Italeri 1/48

Although ... I thought the Marine three-tone camouflage had less contrast than that. Did they repaint them at some point?

No. The first paintscheme was Norm 76, RAL 7012 on top, RAL 7035 bottom. Second scheme was Norm 83A and B, similar pattern like the Luftwaffe Norm 83 scheme, but specific Marine colors: RAL 7012, RAL 5008 and RAL 7009. This was a wraparound scheme. In 1987 Norm 87D and E was introduced, same colors, but different pattern. From the side view RAL 5008 and RAL 7012, top and bottom view RAL 5008 and RAL 7009.

I wonder where Italeri get there references from. Most of the decals look simply wrong, oversized or were not used for that scheme. :(

Great model!

Thanks for showing!

Small thing if you don't mind: maybe you could change the position of the tank's fins... on the real aircraft they are not at 90°, quite a bit more. (Italeri's fault in my opinion, not yours!)

Great painting and rarely seen Kormorans!

Cheers,

I used Gunze paints according to the box paint scheme.

photos_1223420607.jpg

thanks, can you tell me the numbers of paint please? I have the same camo to reproduce on my Tonka but i've always a doubt about the colors to use!!

Thanks in advance

ciao

Ale

Very nice indeed! :goodjob:

Andrew

thanks, can you tell me the numbers of paint please? I have the same camo to reproduce on my Tonka but i've always a doubt about the colors to use!!

Thanks in advance

ciao

Ale

C040 german gray

C055 khaki

C317 gray