NEW Airfix 1/72 Lancaster B.III (Special) 'Dambusters'

My very recently completed Airfix Lancaster which i can tell you has been re-tooled, neat panel lines not too heavy or too light, the addition of the dropped landing flaps underneath the wings add a very nice touch (you can have them in the retracted position if you wish) for 72nd scale very nice interior detail although the only draw back is the complete decal that goes onto a flat instrument panel, but you hardly see it anyway, they have given you a bomb trolley for Barnes Wallace famous creation again you can have it fixed onto the aircraft if you wish, overall a clean build, hardly had any problems they have redesigned the undercarriage bay, the struts that come out of the fuselage which then the two wing halves attach to it create a very strong sturdy structure, had minimal problems with the kit bit of filling and sanding in some places but we'll allow for that because it is Airfix ;)

This was a competition ran by Airfix between our branches where i work at ModelZone for the Dambusters 70th Anniversary, winner to be decided, hope every one likes it, will be on display in the shop in one of our cabinets, my little tribute to the men of 617 Sqn and of course Bomber Command, beautiful aircraft, enjoy :)

IMG_3003_zps36c762f3.jpg

IMG_3007_zps52baf2e5.jpg

Photo of the newly added dropped landing flaps

IMG_3010_zps57dc688c.jpg

IMG_3011_zpsc879d7b3.jpg

• Like 9

Good job.

One recommendation, change the background (white or black) whit natural light.

so. . . . . . . . . . .you can shown your excellent work

A very good model Stuart. I saw one in another branch of Modelzone (Cardiff) and it looked like an assembled kit, if you know what I mean; your looks like a Lanc.

I've got the kit and am starting it this weekend - any advice or things to look out for please?

:post1: Rich.

The kit is generally excellent and many people (self included) have said it's the best Lancaster kit yet.

Have a look at http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234938292-new-airfix-a09007-lancaster-dambuster/ where there are a lot of good pointers to look out for.

Thanks very much for the comments, and Rich I appreciate that alot I always strive to make it look like one whole piece and I have a serious hate for join gaps on die cast models lol plastic kits always triumph once finished :)

• 1 month later...

BRILLIANT!! photos look fantastic, could so easily be RAF Scampton, its great to see one of my models brought even more to life like that, love it

i might just add the extra photos that have been added were taken by someone else, which in my opinion makes the model look even better

• 2 weeks later...