Bangladesh AF An-32 1/72

A-model kit which is really nice to build but the decals (on mine at least) had a milky varnish layer on them which I noticed when applying the instrument panel decals. I had planned to use the Indian AF markings but didn't want to risk the decals so drew my own Bangladesh AF markings for something different. I couldn't get any clear details of the unicorn badge on the nose so that is a best guess - the Bangladesh AF PR department ignored my request! Painted with Humbrol and Xtracolor enamels with a coat of Daler-Rowney matt varnish.

DSCF2153.JPG

DSCF2154.JPG

DSCF2155.JPG

Steve

• Like 5

My compliments on the chosen subject.

Excellent.

Regards,

Dirk

The Netherlands.

Thanks everyone

So that's the AModel Cline ... comes up very nice. I'm thinking of getting one myself. Their reputation is a bit mixed - any pitfalls to watch for?

No issues building it, just get as much weight in the nose as possible as it's very tail heavy, unless you do the ramp down as there is a prop that goes underneath the rear fuselage which would help. I think it's still best to use some nose weight though to take the load off the prop/ramp. It was just the decals that took the edge of it for me, might only be certain sheets though. There are a lot of parts to it and at times the instructions aren't clear about how some parts fit so plenty of checking is needed. Overall I'm impressed with the kit and it goes nicely with the other Antonovs I've got - just need to get the An-22 out of it's box and save up for the An-124.....

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Its got a weird layout with the engines, whats the story with that?

The An-32 is a 'hot-and-high' derivative of the An-26 - designed to an Indian AF requirement.

In order to provide clearance for the larger-diameter propellers fitted onto more powerful engines, the engines were mounted above the wings with the exhausts exiting over the top of the wing.

To counter the higher thrust line, the vertical and horizontal tail areas were increased in size.

There were lots of other minor changes.

Ken

• Like 1

The An-32 is a 'hot-and-high' derivative of the An-26 - designed to an Indian AF requirement.

In order to provide clearance for the larger-diameter propellers fitted onto more powerful engines, the engines were mounted above the wings with the exhausts exiting over the top of the wing.

To counter the higher thrust line, the vertical and horizontal tail areas were increased in size.

There were lots of other minor changes.

Ken

That explains it :-)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again everyone for the comments

That's a really different colour scheme. I want to do mine in the Indian markings so hope the decals do work!

Please post a pic or two when you do it, just so I can see how mine could have looked.....

Steve