Royal Navy Falklands Diorama - HMS Hermes, HMS Invincible (1/72/1350)

Hello all :)
This is my first time posting on Britmodller, I have a work in progress Falklands War diorama :)

010_zpsfe459173.jpg

I aim to have a rear cross section of HMS Hermes deck in 1/72nd, which I have roughly measured out from the ships specifications, I know what Ive got is not even remotely accurate however, since I don't currently have the resources for that :P

1/72 Aircraft-wise, so far I have:

2 Sea Harrier FRS.1 - 1 Italeri, 1 Airfix

1 Harrier GR.3 - Italeri

2 Wessex HU.5 - 1 Italeri, 1 Matchbox

1 Wessex HAS.3 - Italeri

1 Sea King HAS.5 - Revell

1 Sea King HC.4 - Dragon

Figures are from Italeri.

012_zps4f0a9454.jpg

014_zpse1a812d7.jpg

My extremely quickly thrown together hangar.

015_zpsea202ea9.jpg

RFA Tidepool's Wessex HU.5

In 1/350th, in the background I have Airfix's HMS Illustrious, (very) hastily converted into Invincible with plasticard and Milliput.

015_zpsd6eb53a7.jpg

The water was done with Plaster of Paris.

This was thrown together speedily to take part in an Air Cadets wing level modelling competition, I now plan on constructing the section of Hermes from wood as originally planned, rather than cardboard and gaffa tape :)

Wow, that is amazing, very well done that man!

Incidentally, how far do you live from Doncaster?

Thank you :D

I actually live in the Republic of Ireland haha, though I was born in Harrogate :P

That's a pity, the only reason I ask is that I am a member of the aircraft museum in Doncaster. The museum has a cracking Falklands display which includes a number of helicopters that saw action during the conflict.

If you're ever back in Yorkshire, come & have a look. The museum is the South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum- well worth a visit.

Anyway, well done again, and welcome to the forum

• Like 1

That's a pity, the only reason I ask is that I am a member of the aircraft museum in Doncaster. The museum has a cracking Falklands display which includes a number of helicopters that saw action during the conflict.

If you're ever back in Yorkshire, come & have a look. The museum is the South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum- well worth a visit.

Anyway, well done again, and welcome to the forum

Thank you :D I will be sure to :)