Revell Model Kit - STAR TREK into Darkness - USS Enterprise NCC 1701

• 2 weeks later...

Well we've seemingly managed to get 3 pallets today - how I don't know. I find it rather strange the boss is away and we get mountains delivered rather suspect he planned this . lol

startrek-1.jpg

Well all I can say its about time he got back.....to help put all this on the shelves...

Call me cynical but isn't this thread just an advert for Models4hobby?

No real information about the kit except for what 3 pallets of it look like and a link to their site to see some pics of the still-bagged parts.

How about a proper review with sprue shots and a dry fit of parts?

Edited by jargonking

No real information about the kit except for what 3 pallets of it look like and a link to their site to see some pics of the still-bagged parts.

Calm down, dear. I have a review sample in from Revell and the review will appear here on the site in the near future (as opposed to in an alternate past ;) ).

Its more to do with just banter than selling we have a facebook page and the club that is held here every thursday sometimes one of the lads in there will do a build review on a new kit in with lots of pics but it depends mainly on what takes there fancy. Some scifi but more often than not avaition is there favoured area for modelling.

We did PM the owner numerous times regarding having our own forum so as to not get this kind of issue arising but no response I'm afraid.

Were just happy to help modellers out and provide a great service and see forums and social media as a great way to connect with our customers with service first and friendly banter mainly.

• Like 2

its nice to se more civl discussions f this on here, on another forum there are 2 seperate threads for this kit, a love and a hate thread, and peopl have been banned due to the discussions getting ott lol

Well, that's just daft, isn't it?. My feeling is that this is meant to be a relaxing hobby, to be enjoyed as suits each individual. Okay, there will always be differing opinions, but we're all plastic addicts after all is said and done. I don't see a sensible reason for people to fall out over any model kit.

I can't understand why myself, but some folks do get very carried away with these things. :shrug:

Ironically I think many hobbies get like this I'm personally an RC addict (heli's) and our hobby is obsessed with commercial ego's.

If its not one brand its another then another...

We just like most want to enjoy it and have a few laughs along the way.,...

In a modelling thread, the issue should not be "did I like or not like the movie" nor should it be "do I like or not like the design of this ship" -- the issue should be "is this a good kit of the subject" -- then we only have to debate what we mean by "good kit". :winkgrin:

to be fair you have to want to build the kit which has a certain amount of dependancy on liking the ship design.

on a side note, im picking this up soon and will be looking into making a lighting kit for it.

although if i sold any kits it would mostly just be a circuit board with outputs for people to hook up their own set of leds to.

then they can choose how they want to light it as far as led color, fiber optics and add ons go.

Edited by SecretReeve