Airfix Spitfire PR.19 converted to Spitfire XIV fighter in 1/48th scale-ICM Wings

Hi Tony, having gone the other way with a 1/72 Spit,so to speak (Mk XIV to PR XIX), I'm very tempted to have a bash myself. You make it look so effortless...as we say in our drawing office..'now box on'.

Regards,

Strickers

Cheers lads,......here is another update, the decals are on;

DSCF6769_zpsd938dc29.jpg

DSCF6770_zpsb8271a34.jpg

DSCF6771_zpsb63fdaab.jpg

The code letter decals are not perfect and the stroke in the `A' is lower than it should be but they were the best that I could find.

Following a coat of matt varnish the model will be weathered and then the smaller or more breakable items such as the undercarriage etc will be added,......nearly there now!!

Cheers

Tony O

• Like 1

Excellent stuff, Tony. Love Aviaeology decals.

Cheers Paul and Bob,

Just to clarify,..I`m not using Aviaeology decals as they don`t include this scheme (yet?) so I`ve had to rummage around in various decal files and boxes to find what I need, but I do agree that Aviaeology are absolutely top notch and probably the best researched RAF/RCAF decals available at the moment anywhere.

Just waiting for the matt varnish to dry now so that I can `clart on' and get this one done!

All the best

Tony O

'Clart'? Never heard that one before!

bob

It`s a Geordie term I believe Bob, I picked it up in the Army and from my mates who live up in that neck of the woods. I think it means to `carry on' , `mess about or to `put a bit of effort in',.....that's how I interpret it anyway?

Cheers

Tony O

PS- Apparently `Clart' is old Middle English for- Dirty or Muddy.

Edited by tonyot

Hi Tony - I've been lurking watching this. And WOW does it look good. Nice choice of scheme too ( and effortlessly finished as usual).

Come on now chap - with a bit of "clartalization" you can have this finished by 11pm :)

Jonners, impressed as ever

• Haha 1

Cheers Lads,

It is almost finished now and should be done tomorrow, ..... all being well!!

Too dark for pics now so I`ll take some in the morning,

All the best

Tony O

It`s a Geordie term I believe Bob, I picked it up in the Army and from my mates who live up in that neck of the woods. I think it means to `carry on' , `mess about or to `put a bit of effort in',.....that's how I interpret it anyway?

Cheers

Tony O

PS- Apparently `Clart' is old Middle English for- Dirty or Muddy.

Tony,

It's still in use in the NE of Scotland today! Normally used along the lines of "...absolutely clarted in...", meaning something was completely covered in something.

PS, nice Spit!

Mark.

• Like 1

Tony,

It's still in use in the NE of Scotland today! Normally used along the lines of "...absolutely clarted in...", meaning something was completely covered in something.

PS, nice Spit!

Mark.

It was also used in Yorkshire to mean the same thing when I was growing up.

All Finished!! Here is the finished model, more pictures to be posted over on Ready For Inspection;

39_zps712a6589.jpg

Cheers for your encouragement folks,

Tony O

• Like 2