P-61 Black widow 1/48

Was drooling over this over on HS the other day! Glad you've posted it on here as I can now tell you what a superb looking model you've built. (I'm not registered on HS) Can you post some details up about the build, to save me searching for it over there?

Tim.

Edited by tank152

Very nice and as above, I take it that it isn`t the old Monogram kit? The black finish is very nice but strange as I am I love the tyres!! Nice to see that pattern of tread in a kit at last and they look so real!

Cheers

Tony O

Saw this over on H'scale. Just superb skills in evidence here, the patchwork shading effect on the black may not suit everyone, but IMO it is absolutely 'right'.

Look forward to seeing more of your work, sir.

Ian

I think that's really 'real'. I feel like I could climb inside and start the engines.

The Mono P-61 was my first ever 1/48 kit after years of Airfix 1/72. It was something of an eye opener back in 1970 or whenever it was!

thanks for all your words about the model, to answer some of the questions, yes this is the Geart Wall kit, i added all the aftermarket that is selling out there, the most important is the forward and aft cockpit interior from eduard and the landing gear wheel wells also from eduard, the tires are not from the model, dont remember who are they from, the engine is from Brassin and it is a pain to fit it in the model, also the cowlings for the engine and the props are aftermarket too. i used 4 different tipes of black on this widow so it will look like this and not like a huge black plastic brick, i used model master aircraft interior black, tamiya nato black, tamiya black green darkened with nato black and german grey also darkened with nato black

Edited by oppenheimer

thanks for all your words about the model, to answer some of the questions, yes this is the Geart Wall kit, i added all the aftermarket that is selling out there, the most important is the forward and aft cockpit interior from eduard and the landing gear wheel wells also from eduard, the tires are not from the model, dont remember who are they from, the engine is from Brassin and it is a pain to fit it in the model, also the cowlings for the engine and the props are aftermarket too. i used 4 different tipes of black on this widow so it will look like this and not like a huge black plastic brick, i used model master aircraft interior black, tamiya nato black, tamiya black green darkened with nato black and german grey also darkened with nato black

Thanks for the information. That build is jaw dropping good, can't wait to see your next one.

Tim.