Moebius Iron Man VI

My first wip topic.

Bought this kit about a month ago and made a start on construction, then put it away to ponder about the paint.

ironman001012_zpse9abb8ba.jpg

decided not to spend out on special paints but to use the Humbrol gold i had with the transparent Humbrol red over the top !!! with a plan in mind i finished the build last week and started painting with the Halfords primer...

IMPRIMER001-001_zps6b8084ba.jpg

then the Humbrol Gold enamel through the airbrush...

IMGOLD017-001_zps5f14bbfe.jpg

IMGOLD008_zps666e2c16.jpg

i then added some shading with more gold darkened with Humbrol black, hoping this would show through the red...

IMSHAD019_zpsbdd53374.jpg

at this point i had a spot of bother with the humbrol clear red. no matter what i tried i could not get it to flow through the air-brush. it would just goo up like syrup and totaly glogged up the brush !!!

so i decided to use an old Humbrol airbrush bright red and go for the more classic comic book look...

IMRED003-001_zps80129832.jpg

im quite happy with the way it came out in the end, to be honest i prefer the classic look to the new metalic designs.

then started to add the silver hightlights. im not one for getting 100% originality and prefer to go for the way i like things to look, after all its my model and im gonna be looking at it.

so the silver is not quite as the films, but i like it. just a few more details, the base and some more shading and a wash to highlight the joins in the armour plates and it will be done.

considering i thought i'd messed it up at one point, im happy with how its going so far...

IMSILV012-001_zps23cddd8e.jpg

IMSILV009-001_zpsa750ca02.jpg