Space 1999 Eagle to be reissued!

I am Wonderfest right now!

According to Jamie from Round 2, they're looking at the Hawk but there are some issues with the availabity of the mold.

On the other hand, they are showing the Space:1999 Alien - that strange looking moon buggy that is totally unrelated to the show.

Be still my heart.

Jim

Oooh

I have a couple of Hawk bits lurking in the sparesbox they could copy.

And if you haven't seen this already,

go to conceptships.blogspot.co.uk

scroll down to 29th April. Pictures by Manchu, of Eagles on an alien planet.

Stuff I'd never seen before.

Pete

• 4 months later...

Saw over on Cybermodeler that the Eagle 1 is due in November, the Alien buggy thing that has nothing to do with the show is due in December. Round 2 will be including a mini print of the stars of the show and 100 of the prints in the Eagle kits will be signed by Nick Tate and 100 signed by Catherine Schell in the buggy kits.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

I had the Airfix Eagle and Hawk from Space 1999 back in the day and they are two of a very few kits that I would consider

picking up again when(Eagle) or if(Hawk) re-released.

I built an original Eagle One kit back in 1999-2000 and have a Hawk partially completed. All things considered, even if it is left box stock and you put a decent amount of work into the paintjob and weathering (and making some better decals, something which the new kit will have addressed), it turns out looking pretty good in the end.

e4-3.jpg

• 4 months later...

It's apparently due this month, although supplies are limited.

Pre-order from here: http://www.gerryanderson.co.uk/products-page/kits/pre-order-space-1999-eagle-1-ga-limited-edition/

I'm waiting for mine, I know it has issues but it's as close as I'm going to get.

Cheers,

Paul

Edit: Sorry, that site now shows that it's sold out. I don't know who else might be importing it, but best of luck in finding one.

£30 for that piece of c##p, thought it was a poor kit when I was a nipper , nostalgia over common sense !

To think what a lovely overpriced hasegawa kit I could get for £30.

I am affraid I mostly share your oppinion (I would not call it c##p but just because it is an Eagle - the kit is a poor and toyish thing). For a retooled accurate one 30 GBP would be a fair price IMHO - and I would have bought a fleet. :weep:

• 1 month later...

With Round 2 reissuing many of the old Amt and MPC kits with some retooling, you'd think they had slightly improved the Eagle kit too. I'm all for the reissuing but I really don't need those mini prints of Nick Tate nor Catherine Schell. Weren't they supporting cast to Martin Landu, Barabra Bain and Barry Morse. I'd rather that expense be put into some retooling or detail bits.

I agree Round 2 needs to look at their pricing. Just an example is the old F9F Panther that is slightly retooled and going for $30 that would be better spent on a cheaper Monogram one with leftover dosh to cover paint and glue.