- ILLYUCHIN Il 28 BEAGLE

Finally i am online and what do i see?!

Very well build and finished model of a Beagle!!

I like it very much! I like that it is big and i like it in metal finish worn and weathered just enough!

And most of all i have enjoyed in-progress build full of interesting and useful tips for those like me who are hoping to start building this model.

Thank you IPMS19! :). Well done!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

wow! great finished model!

just found it now... searching for information on the kit and different markings....

cheers, Werner

-Hallo Werner

- This kit is wonderful generaly speaking, but as always there is some drawback.

- To my sense the worst is the notice.It is on a dvd, that is not a problem, but the different steps of the building are made of photograph wich are not of the best quality, that obliges the builder to some guess work for a lot of assembly steps of this rather complicated model which is far from ideal

- Another problem is the thinness of the resin on the fuselage spine , the only way to cure this is to reinforce the cementing joint by a plastic strip running from the rear canopy fairing to the fin base ( I have neglected this point so I had to reinforce over the upper fuselage halves once cemented with adhesive metal foil )

- Another difficulty comes from the air intakes rings of the engines.the engines nacelles are in two halves from exhaust to intake this requires a carefull fitting and a few putty at the leading edge ring; an entirely molded nose ring should have been the best solution

- The tyres are in two halves whitout any scribbing which rather unfair in rergard of the overall quality ( and cost )of this kit.

- You may find a lot of camo scheme on the web the main problem is to find the right shade of the colors required so I elected to rely on the bare metal scheme

-Happy modelling and send us photo once finished

-; J.M