- ILLYUCHIN Il 28 BEAGLE

-This is at last finished the Beagle I've shown the building in WIP Aicraft.

- As usual the scale is in 48;. The whole model is in resin ; It is a mixture of good things and others not exactly bad buT which could be bettered

- The resin is thin but strong, the detail level is high and accurate.The thinly engraved panels and rivets are very realist .

-A metallic spar is moulded inside the wings which prevent them from bending and the landing struts are reinforced with metal rods.

- The clear parts are in very clear resin.

- On the other end there are some parts which could have been bettered;That make the difference between a good model and and excellent one.

- First , the notice is difficult to use, it has to be printed from a dvd ,the different steps are shown in photos not very neat and difficult to exploit mostly for the smallest parts;

The intakes should have been much more easy to install and realist if they had been presented in a ring to be added at the front of the nacelle, the tyres are untreaded and the forward landing gear strut is too long.

-The joint between the fuselage halves has to be reinforced from the inside and some putty is required.;

But let's see the photos/

001_zps0e0f7434.jpg

002_zpse6dd031d.jpg

003_zps829f8f71.jpg

007_zpsd10af5b4.jpg

004_zps02f02ca0.jpg

005_zpsa6c27574.jpg

006_zps54be9d0d.jpg

013_zps935ca815.jpg

014_zps69b81513.jpg

020_zpsac93f7c5.jpg

019_zps76e8bc23.jpg

021_zps8579e095.jpg

023_zpsebdc1ad9.jpg

-Ive used Alclad dull aluminium for the darkest areas and rub'n buff for the brightest,ones, the weathering is made of Tamiya pastels together with Mig pigments

• Like 4

Looks brilliant, and in far better nick than the one I saw in the flesh in the Czech Republic!

Very nice......I've been watching progress with this in the WIP Section for a while but was away for two weeks on business and took my eye off the ball and kinda lost track. Having 'invested' (and I mean that quite sincerely !) in one of these kits last month I'm keen to start work so your RFI has provided real inspiration. Thanks for sharing it with us :coolio:

Mark

• Like 1

You have created a superb model of the Beagle! The NMF finish is very realistic.

I have one of these kits in the stash and your "in progress" build will be referred to when I finally get around to building. Thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to take photos and add your notes, and then to post it all here!

• Like 1

Very nice......I've been watching progress with this in the WIP Section for a while but was away for two weeks on business and took my eye off the ball and kinda lost track. Having 'invested' (and I mean that quite sincerely !) in one of these kits last month I'm keen to start work so your RFI has provided real inspiration. Thanks for sharing it with us :coolio:

Mark

- I will be happy to see your model just be sure to strengthen the inside dorsal spine as the jointure of the halves requires a few cyano resin' putty ' the lack of thickness make the sanding difficult ,(for the less, it was the case on my exemplary).to the extent that as I didn't took the measure of this, I had to use adhesive aluminium foil externally to reinforce the top fuselage.

I have just two negative remarks.

1. This plane is big and in 1:48 it's even bigger and being in NMF makes it kinda dull to my eyes.

2. You should allign the barrels of the tail cannon

Otherwise it's a great model of a seldom seen bomber.

Josip

I have just two negative remarks.

1. This plane is big and in 1:48 it's even bigger and being in NMF makes it kinda dull to my eyes.

2. You should allign the barrels of the tail cannon

Otherwise it's a great model of a seldom seen bomber.

Josip

- For the step one: I 'm not guilty for this...

- Step two : You're right.....I didn'nt noticed it .Soon to be corrected

Very nice build of a difficult kit,certainly not one I'd contemplate building.I'll wait for Trumpy' to do one and accept the little wrongs with it :winkgrin:. NMF looks great,when did you see any Soviet nmf that were polished.

• Like 1