Italeri Short Sunderland

Hi there, here are some pics of my recently finished Sunderland. Painted with tamiya acrylics and finished with Alclad flat, which the jury is still out on cant make my mind up if I prefer peobo which is more flat. the alclad is far easier too spray, but be warned it does react to white spirit, and i did get into a mess, and the thing still feels a bit sticky even with the final coat on. thanks to BM for helping me to sort out color issues with extra dark sea grey and dark slate grey, think i should have put the slate grey on first ??!!.

Hope you like, thanks for looking.

6s_zpsa9c57b60.jpgsun5s_zpsd5c40952.jpg4s_zps0cf3d4ec.jpg3s_zpsd7586bed.jpg2s_zpsc32e7e8c.jpg1s_zps4aa68d35.jpg

• Like 4

Lovely finish on that.For some reason looking at it takes me right back to being a nipper...(I think a friend spent a long time messing one up.) That tail trolley really sets it off too.Great stuff!

Oh my word! How good does that look?!?!? :thumbsup:

I bet the model has a certain presence. Any chance of another pic of it with something in shot against which we can judge the size?

Theoretically speaking, if the scales are right then a spitfire could fly underneath the wings of the Sunderland, but he would have to be a bloody good pilot!!spit_zps03f618d6.jpg

• Like 1