NEW 72nd scale AH-1 Cobra available soon

More pix to tease readers of this Cobra topic:

The TOWs and the Minigun XM-18 in its casing

AH_TOW_and_XM-18_Minigun_zpsf712cca6.jpg

XM-35 (Vulcan with ammo magazines placed on either side of the fuselage)

AH_XM-35_01_zps852ba570.jpg

AH_XM-35_02_zps97b0c02e.jpg

We have already found a pix of Cobra equipped with two Miniguns in its front turret, with underbelly XM-35 and with standard set of wing-tip 7- and 19-tubes launchers. May be you´ll find this very chopper in the decals.

Looks very nice indeed. If you do scale it up to 1/48 or larger, you might want to look at the muzzle detail for the 20mm cannon - each muzzle has 4 slots for ventilation - in 1/72, I can't imagine it would be an issue, in practice.

Some pix now to show you the way the model is being designed, in order to maintain high degree of accuracy and also to keep it modellers-friendly.

Rocket launchers are laid out here so you can see the locating pins and locks for easy assembly.
The XM-158 launcher is depicted with two types of wing-tips, for G and for Q/S versions.

XM-157-158-200_01_zps076dc94b.jpg

Front view of the launchers with rocket heads visible.

XM-157-158-200_02_zps27df5823.jpg

We did not forget the fuse wires ont he rear end of the launchers.

XM-157-158-200_03_zps9f953f7c.jpg

Edited by petr@MPM

In terms of the plastic, the Z.14 is identical to the late-model G shown above. Would be great to have a factory decal option for these, but in the meantime the Fireball set looks good.

Dear Mr. Petr, congratulations!

Do you have any intention of the include the Spanish Navy version in the decal sheet?

Have a nice weekend.

Claudio Moura

Dear Mr.Claudio,

It would be a big mistake to leave out such a colourful and interesting-looking Cobra from our kit.

I am sure you will like the model.

Kindest regards

Petr / MPM

Petr, this kit looks as though it is going to be seriously good and I think I'm going to need at least four just to dent a few of the decal options I have in my collection. I think MPM should think seriously about other very neglected helicopter subjects.

Colin

hcoptergb_zps20a09ba41_zpsfbccc826.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Today we may focus firstly on the differences in the tail rotors of the G and Q/S versions of the AH-1 Cobra and secondly on the nose turret different armament and other details.

So, here are few images from our 3D design. The S tail rotor is always at the top, the G rotor at the bottom of the pictures.

cobra_tail_rotor_03_zpsee4635bb.jpg

cobra_tail_rotor_04_zps689fbb6f.jpg

cobra_tail_rotor_02_zpsa4b13a25.jpg

cobra_tail_rotor_01_zpsf1675a31.jpg

The turrets now.

turret-02_zpsab88608b.jpg

turret-01_zpsc782e4f5.jpg

Mikey,

as I understand it, the 87th scale seems to be pretty favourite amongst German railroad modellers, it is so called "H0" scale. They sometimes tend to add also some aircraft models to their scale trains, mostly aircraft of German / Austrian / Central European origin.

Cobra in 48th? Yes, it sounds good, definitelly.