NEW 72nd scale AH-1 Cobra available soon

Hi guys,

some of you probably already know that our next project is 1/72 AH-1 Cobra in G and Q/S versions and you´ll be able to find her on the modelshops shelves this summer.

- it will be the best model we wil have produced so far.

- quality comparable with our SA72001 SS-100 Gigant and SA72003 / 72014 V2 models

- completely 3D designed

- injected into metal moulds

And now at least some software-generated images. You like them, don´t you :winkgrin:

AH-1Gearly-Eng_zps28c2001c.jpg

AH-1Glate-Eng_zps9166e4d1.jpg

AH-1Glate02-Eng_zps02b13ba4.jpg

AH-1S-Q-Eng_zps11f743d1.jpg

AH-1S-Q02-Eng_zps4e1f4f50.jpg

• Like 1

Our company´s official statement re the Cobra models:

As we have already announced in our Newsletter, we are preparing now early AH-1 Cobra model kits. The versions will be as follows: AH-1G early, AH-1G late and AH-1Q/S. The project is now in its final stage that was preceded by many year´s preparations and searching for materials in which also the Viet-Nam vets and their descendants were involved. Mainly due to them we are able now to offer the AH-1 model as detailed as it is only possible in the 72nd scale. The whole model has been 3D-designed and will be injected into metal moulds. There will be a lot of alternative parts because of external differences between the respective versions and variability of armament.
Common to all versions will be the tow-bar and wheels used for ground handling and also the possibility to have both cockpit covers in open or closed position. As you can notice in the pictures, there will be three different skid types, an early turret with either the minigun or the grenade-launcher as well as the later one with side-by-side installation of minigun and grenade-launcher (you can instal also two miniguns, the Cobras did flew like this). External armament of the G version contains the M18E-1 (minigun) pods, M35 system (M61 cannon with magazines) and various rocket launchers. In the Q/S version you´ll get different cockpit and in addition to standard G version armament, also the anti-tank TOW missiles, as the AH-1 Q/S versions were designed chiefly for attacking the enemy´s armour. Also the main rotors, their mast and its attachment to the fuselage is different in each version as well as the tail rotors. While preparing the model we put great emphasis on the overall accuracy, detail fidelity and also on very easy assembly.
Naturally, there will be locating pins in the fuselage halves and smaller parts locks assuring their correct position. So, you will be able very soon to see all these new Cobra models which will be: SH72076 AH-1G Cobra early, SH72274 AH-1G Cobra late a SH72277 AH-1Q/S Cobra. Good models are always worth the wait!

Bravo indeed. It looks like the new MPM kit will make the hard to find Hasegawa S kit redundant. I do like the ground handling dolly wheels and the extras, What with all the old Micro-Scale decals it's going to be like Christmas. Looks like I'm in for an expensive summer! Many thanks Petr and all at MPM.

Colin

Looks deeply awesome... I think I even saw the correct appliqué armour for the cockpit side when using the 20mm cannon on the G. Great stuff, I already have a stack of the Monogram & Matchbox G's, but I expect I'll still buy quite a few of these! I assume this MPM kit is instead of the already announced AZ model kit, or do we get two new snakes at once??

Now, if you gents would like to follow up with a CH-3/HH-3 family, to retire the ancient Revell kit, I'm doing some research based on my father-in-law's old Thailand/Laos/Vietnam photos, would be happy to share, and to put you in touch with a guy who knew them inside and out.

Now, if you gents would like to follow up with a CH-3/HH-3 family, to retire the ancient Revell kit, I'm doing some research based on my father-in-law's old Thailand/Laos/Vietnam photos, would be happy to share, and to put you in touch with a guy who knew them inside and out.

that would be really great, thanks a lot for your offer. Will you contact me please via PM?

Yes, these will be two completely different models, no co-operation.

I feel a four-way Special Hobby/AZ/Monogram/Matchbox build coming on...

Hope there's some nice markings, not just Squatter Swatter, Du Me Mi, etc.......

Currently just finishing off a Matchbox z.14 in Armada blue, with modified turret.

By the way, if these are half as lovely as they look like being, any chance of a Sea Cobra family? NOBODY makes a decent J, and the MARHUK examples with painted out insignia and massive Zunis under the stub wings have to rank as some of the coolest helicopters ever...

I think it's time we looked at a Snakes only Group Build, so who's up for it? We'll have to fly it passed the Mods of course.

Colin

Count me in... I have a stack of nearly 20 to build, in every scale...

I hope the extra little scoops and stuff for the Q/S are also in the late-G boxing, as we'll need some of them (not impossible to replicate, admittedly, but still...)

Colleagues on the other forum raised question re the panel lines of our models. I can bring you today photos of our Mi-24 model in 1/87 scale. (this model is being manufactured here for our customer in Germany)

Panel lines that you can see on the photos are 0,1 mm deep and 0,18mm wide.

Our Cobras´ panel lines will be 0,1 deep and 0,12 mm wide.

(The lines may seem too much prominent on the close-up photo. They are not in reality)

mi24IMG_8209_zps96d0e6d1.jpg

mi24IMG_8208_zps1539ad3a.jpg

mi24IMG_8216_zps2078d8e4.jpg

mi24IMG_8215_zpsfb4dbdd9.jpg

Edited by petr@MPM
  • Like 2

Thanks for your feedback Petr, I'm sure once everyone has purchased and had a good look at the the Cobra kit they will all be very pleased. Look at the comments that were made by some in regard to the Airfix Vampre T11. Unbuildable but mine went together like a dream.

Colin