I'm sure you meant no harm and didn't for a minuet think you did.

Just one of those unfortunate things

Going back to a modelling subject...I wonder when they are going to start giving two sets of wings...ground and inflight.

Always been a little lift on monoplanes but it is far to much to ignore the bend on modern wings.

Ive had an idea...

what if they could make the wings out of a more flexible plastic (model terms) and then have some form of rod or piece of plastic stretching the lentgh of the wing.

The rods come in two options, flexed or straight.

this way you could make your model look like it is in flight, with the gear up, also adding an amazing level of awesomeness.

I doubt it would work though.

Why Jess?...I've never known paint flake off if I've been bending or in anyway rough handling a wing or in fact any part of a model

if the paint is keyed properly to the surface the problem can be trying to remove it if you want to.

Maybe if the wing was made of polythene but polystyrene can be flexible if the right type is used and the paint shouldn't come off. :hmmm:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone wishing to follow the A350 during flight testing can do so on Flightradar24. The flight numbers all start with AIB*WB, if you enter AIB* in the search it will find it. AIB9WB (test flight number 9) is currently at 35000' over the Med heading SE for Sardinia. :analintruder:

Edited by Dandaire

They're going to have to give two sets of wings. I don't like the heat idea though. Like Gary said you'll have to be spot on with the Hair dryer to get the correct curve and at the same time risk a sharp bend at a strengthened internal "rib" AND get the wing length on the same heat, its got nightmare written all over this.

I like the internal bent wire ( tho' I dont think it would be strong enough) that Emirates said but I'd be tempted to use the Narrow steel plate you can buy in any DIY shop for about 50p maybe less. depending what space is available in the wing void 16SWG/1.6 mm/1/16th". you can bend it easily and re adjust as many times as you want. and match both sides before fitting. With the wings being bent so much, I'm not sure but the l/edges might "flare" so then you have another problem. I think the 4 wings per kit is better.

Edited by bzn20