Yep, its defiantly another airboeingbus. Is it me or are they all looking the same? :sleep_1:

I must say I don't find it ugly, but I also don't find it that much attractive.... it looks a bit strange, I prefer the B787 :)

the A350 looks like a grand-pa (nose is like stretched to the front and the tail sits a bit deeper than the fuse (you can see it going down a bit...)

I personally think that the cockpit section looks too angled, very blunt but sharp at the same time.

I like it!

It is longer than the 787 and that is what trows it off a little.

Same thing that happen when the A-321 came out, it look weird compared to

the A-320.

I prefer the looks of the 787 specially the engines and tail but

it sure is not an ugly looking airplane.

Walter

• 4 weeks later...

I think it looks great! The wings look beautiful and the whole thing looks more balanced than the 787 which I think looks like a collection of parts lobbed together!!!

But then I'm a huge A330 fan so I guess I might be biased!!!

Edited by feifeitim

Yep, its defiantly another airboeingbus. Is it me or are they all looking the same? :sleep_1:

It's you. The 787 looks like an elegant thoroughbred. Or even more to the point, it looks orca-like (which speaking as an animal lover, is very high praise - the orca is one of the most beautiful animals on the planet). The A350 looks like a railroad locomotive designed by a committee.

787vA350.jpg

Edited by Jennings Heilig

TBH with the computer systems used to design modern aircraft you expect them to look the same.

In this case I think they look very different, more different than I expected.

I doubt if I would ever mix one up with another.

The only thing I disagree with Jennings on is that the 350 although not pretty is far better looking than the hideous 787 :shutup:

^ Yep, that A350 nose is dreadful. After watching Thomsons new Dreamliner yesterday circuit bashing at Newquay, the 787 has the much nicer refined shape (especially the front end).

Yuk, that nose....

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

I can't upload pics (don't have some kind of online account thing), but G-TUIB "Alfie" was looking shiny and brand new yesterday. That's the first 787 I've seen and I was impressed - very quiet and smart looking.

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

Seriously the 787 and 350 in Jennings' photo look like twins separated at birth.

I suppose if you stuff a computer with the same data they will end up looking similar, a bit like cars and tumble dryers.

Why did Airbus feel the need to change the 'family look' of the cockpit?

Trevor

I'd much prefer the nose of the 330s and 340s, but its all the 'incorporating airfoil into fuselage' blabber.

TBH with the computer systems used to design modern aircraft you expect them to look the same.

People still design airplanes. They use computers to do it, but the computer doesn't design the thing. There is still very much an element of aesthetics involved - and Scarebus ain't got none.

not sure why any and every discussion of a new Airbus or Boeing has to descend into a rather tedious fanboy standoff..... :sleep_1:

'Cause Airbus and its fans have a massive inferiority complex :whistle:

PS: Here's another hint: what football/baseball/soccer/hockey/cricket team do you like? Same thing...

PPS: Brunettes are clearly superior to blondes

PPPS: Chocolate ice cream is WAY better than vanilla or strawberry

(See where I'm going?)

Edited by Jennings Heilig

Thank goodness we are all individuals and have various tastes.

I'm sure, as with the 787 when we see more liveries the aeroplane will look very different. I don't like the 787, yet in BA livery it does look very smart as does the A.380.

The short smooth nose is just an aerodynamic thing and a style I've never like. This is why I don't care much for the Comet or Caravelle, yet even these when painted in liveries that hid the windscreen in the cheatline paint they looked a whole lot better in my opinion.

• Like 1