This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

tc2324

617 Sqn 70th Anniversary `what if` Scheme

Wow, what a great idea. Looks brilliant and I like the nod to Guy Gibson's machine.

Now that is just superb. How 'effin nice would that look on the show scene? I'll tell you - VERY VERY nice.

As I keep saying - moderna RAF aircraft look very nice in the WW2 roundels. Come on MOD take the hint. :)

Jonners

Terrific idea! I do wish the RAF would do this rather than th rather insipid silver fin scheme they've gone for. I've built a 144th Revell typhoon in BoB colours as a trial run for the 75th anniversary; a typhoon or tornado in WW2 desert scheme would be very inspiring! Paul

A very good idea and carried out perfectly. It really is too bad they couldn't do something like this, rather than the "spraycan art" they did use.

Absolutely brilliant idea, it looks the business, pity the powers that be hadn't had the idea :goodjob: how did you do the paint being stripped back?

Edited by goose

Thank you all for your comments and I`m glad this scheme has gone down well with you all. :winkgrin:

Unsurprisingly I`m still awaiting a phone call from AOC RAF to discuss my future commissioning for the 75th anniversary...... :D

how did you do the paint being stripped back?

Cheers goose. They are the decals from the Jaguar retirement schemes cut and trimmed to fit the Tornado.

Shame that it wouldn't get applied to the real aircraft, it is a better scheme than the tail art only they chose.

Bit late now, the planes are already off flying a week of flypasts and displays etc this very week (I know one of the WSO's who has pulled display and airshow duty for 617 this summer).

Cracking scheme though.

That's excellent

I like that, the RAF should definitely think about repainting there aeroplanes in this scheme !

WOW!! That looks so much better than scheme the RAF chose! Completely agree about the Tornado/Typhoon in WWII Desert scheme - that would make the price of an airshow ticket a bit more bearable.

Cheers

Dave Cromie

Stunning idea and executed perfectly, I'm not usually a fan of aniversery schemes but that would look fantastic in full size.

:goodjob:

Nice thought. Hope someone at 617 is looking in for inspiration for the 75th scheme.

Great idea, very well carried out!

Excellent model!!

keef

thats pure genious

Again, thank you all very much for the responses, very much appreciated.