The many faces of the Klingon D7

I've spent a few hours today getting as many screen grabs and prop photos as possible of the Klingon D7, to use with my buuld of the Revell kit, and I'm amazed at how it changed between TOS, CGI update and DS9. The version from the DS9 episode Trials And Tribble-ations, is the obvious basis for the Revell kit, having all the recessed detail, so I'm going to attempt this one first. I've ordered another 3 from MZ at £6.99 so I can eventually build the original one ( based on photos of the prop that was at the Smithsonian), the CGI updated version, and the one I'm most looking forward to building, from the animated series. I'll post up a few pictures tomorrow with my progress, so lets see how it goes.......

Mark

• Like 1

The Revell D-7 is a lovely kit and that price is an absolute steal. Look forward to your builds.

What is different about the animated version then?. :hmmm:

Apart from the cool colours, the torpedo tube sticks out, less windows, the ribbing on the of the main body edge runs up and down not across, there are pipes on the side of the neck (as supplied with the AMT kit,and there is an extra detail on the top of the wing where it changes angle.

tas_tt_01_zps5639364e.jpgtas_mtmt_pan_zpsc46e1654.jpgtas_mtmt_14_zpsdb1bb029.jpgtas_tt_13_zps0f897de2.jpg

Ahh, so it appears to have a lot of the little bits that Matt Jeffries original design included, like those details on the upper wing surfaces.They didn't actually make it on too the filming miniature, but did get replicated on the old AMT KIT, right?. I remember reading about all this stuff when I did some research for the Revell D-7 review. IIRC, didn't the original issue of the AMT D-7 also include some grain of wheat bulbs to light up those green vents on the side of the cobra head? (as your pic above shows).

Sounds like a nice little project. You just need a movie era K'Tinga, to have a full set then. ;)