Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental - Lufthansa

Here is my latest civil build: the new, updated version of the iconic Boeing 747 - this being the 747-8 Intercontinental version.

Lufthansa is the only airline to operate this beauty at the moment, but others such as Korean and Transaero will also be taking deliveries.

As usual all paints were from Halfords.

Now, here's a question to the 747 experts - which kit is this? Revell or Zvezda?

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

Still Queen of the Skies? Too right!

Tom

• Like 6

I have this kit in the stash. Hope it turns out as good as yours, very nice.

Now, here's a question to the 747 experts - which kit is this? Revell or Zvezda?

Tom

next time keep the box, it's written on the outside

better qwestion, is whose decals?

Very nice model

Lovely job as usual Tom!

Can I ask what colour you used for the wheel wells and undercarriage struts? The Zvezda instructs call for gloss gull grey.

I have just started a 747-8f conversion from this kit and it is going together nicely.

Very clean. . . . . . .in this kind of aircraft are not allowed armed or paint failures.

Very nice job

congratulations

Thank you for the kind words...

Can I ask what colour you used for the wheel wells and undercarriage struts? The Zvezda instructs call for gloss gull grey.

I have just started a 747-8f conversion from this kit and it is going together nicely.

I did the wheel bays grey and the legs themselves aluminium. The hubs were done in a dark grey to represent brake dust etc. Not sure if that's correct though.

I plan to do a 8F one day too - BA World Cargo colours look nice. Have you a build thread running?

Tom

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind words...

I did the wheel bays grey and the legs themselves aluminium. The hubs were done in a dark grey to represent brake dust etc. Not sure if that's correct though.

I plan to do a 8F one day too - BA World Cargo colours look nice. Have you a build thread running?

Tom

Thanks Tom,

No thread yet, though I have been taking pictures of my progress. Just been slack in downloading and formatting the pictures.

Mine will be a QANTAS What-If. QANTAS have announced they are replacing a leased B747 (from Atlas I think) with a B747-400ERF that will be in their QANTAS Freight markings. I am going one better with the B747-8f

• 3 weeks later...