Jet Provost T5 FLY 1/48

Photo here of it with underwing tanks: -

http://ghostlysubstance.swgbex.com/Blog/blogpics/September/P1170926.JPG

Doesn't the JP5/Strikemaster have a frame in the centre of the windscreen?

That is a Strikemaster too looking at the underwing pylons and also the panels aft of the intakes for re-arming the machine guns and yes the JP5/Strikemaster does have a frame down the centre of the inside of the windscreen.

That is a Strikemaster too looking at the underwing pylons and also the panels aft of the intakes for re-arming the machine guns and yes the JP5/Strikemaster does have a frame down the centre of the inside of the windscreen.

The kit Artur has built is FLY 48013 which is packaged as a Jet Provost T5/T5a although the sprues are identical to the Strikemaster edition so I assume there will be some compromises to accuracy as the Strikemaster did have subtle differences to the T5 JPs.

The actual colour scheme depicted by Artur is also from the box and is reported as being of a privately owned Jet Provost T5A on the American register, believed to have been XW327 in RAF service. I don't see underwing pylons on Artur's build but am happy to be corrected.

Hope this helps

Duncan B

The kit Artur has built is FLY 48013 which is packaged as a Jet Provost T5/T5a although the sprues are identical to the Strikemaster edition so I assume there will be some compromises to accuracy as the Strikemaster did have subtle differences to the T5 JPs.

The actual colour scheme depicted by Artur is also from the box and is reported as being of a privately owned Jet Provost T5A on the American register, believed to have been XW327 in RAF service. I don't see underwing pylons on Artur's build but am happy to be corrected.

Hope this helps

Duncan B

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your post, I am aware that the kit that Artur has made a fabulous job of making is the Fly JP5 kit and that the scheme chosen is from the box, I was actually referring to the picture linked by Scarlet. However the scheme depicted by Fly in this kit is of a Strikemaster which I believe is this aircraft

http://www.airliners.net/photo/BAC-167-Strikemaster/0877860/&sid=a467c090a77694a8aa412d0e02eafce1 which as you can see is a Strikemaster which Fly has mistakenly called a JP on their box. For reference JP5 XW327 is actually still in Cosford according to this site http://www.jetprovostheaven.com/jpt5/jpt5survivors.html I hope that clarifies things.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

You do knock out perfect model after model Arkady ......... how do you do it? How come it takes me 3 x months + to get one finished.................. and far from perfect! :)

He uses black magic, well that's my theory at any rate! Shrinks the originals down to 1/48 scale with magic powder :mental: .

Duncan B (who also believes in the water Kelpie)

• 1 year later...

Excellent job, first time I've seen a JP in camo...... :thumbsup:

Dave :coolio:

Selwyn,

JP5s with tip tanks had the strakes deleted as the tanks changed the aerodynamics sufficiently to render the strakes superfluous. RAF JP5s with the tip tanks were Mk. 5Bs. Arkady's model appears to lack the in-built machine guns (under the intake ducts) and the under wing pylons of the Strikemaster, but I've never seen a JP in that camouflage scheme with British national markings; is this based on a preserved/privately owned aeroplane? Interesting!

Steve

Nice looking Jet Provost, Artur. I've always preferred the look of the T 5's to the earlier ones and that is an interesting paint job. Did the kit have any details of the real thing and why it was in camo? I know you love your research :)

DB (I've still go 10 days to go :( )

We had one at RAF Cosford that we did our flight servicing (liney) training on back in the early 80's....Although I think it's a different mark...

WP_20140829_004_zpsfb66bf55.jpg

• Like 1