Tamiya 1/48 P47D Thunderbolt

Whats not to like about this kit, it falls together, except for the

numpty who put the wrong cowl on the front canopy, too late I'd used liquid poly

Built oob, with a spare set of eduard belts I had.

Gunz/Tamiya paints, thinned with Cellulose thinner

Going to make a stand using the Eduard psp when I get the stuff together, still waiting for some static grass to arrive, made a cheap static grass applicator from an electric insect killer and tea strainer so will see if that works :boom:

Capt Walker Maurin,56th FG 63rd FS, Halesworth UK 1944

IMG_1700_zpsef71c212.jpg

IMG_1686_zps0807b3ce.jpg

IMG_1688_zps3c47dbfb.jpg

IMG_1691_zpsb12b5f88.jpg

IMG_1687_zps59d2cbbc.jpg

IMG_1705_zps86d59dee.jpgIMG_1714_zps694b0cb4.jpg

IMG_1678_zps4e1600dc.jpg

IMG_1701_zpsb7c88e43.jpg

IMG_1675_zps6502034e.jpg

• Like 7

That's a very sharply turned out model - well done indeed. I've always preferred the look of the razorback for some reason. Just the right amount of weathering and signs of use for my tastes too. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

Lovely looking Jug!

It is a fearsome looking machine, and your model has captured that look very well.

• Like 1

I`ve always liked that scheme ever since Airfix provided it in their old 72nd scale kit when I was a kid and you`ve done a marvellous job of it,..one of the nicest P-47 models that I`ve seen so far!

When I first saw the title of the thread I thought that it was going to be an Irish Air Corps P-47!! Read it out loud and you`ll know what I mean!!

Cheers

Tony O

• Like 1

You are correct Tim, edited, what with spelling and numbers in my post you can see how I got the canopy wrong :doh:

When you can finish a model off to those standards I wouldn't worry about such things.

• Like 1