My first kit-bash. Hawk 200

Hi all

Here's the result of my first kit-bash.

20130504_115756.jpg

This is the Matchbox Hawk 200 mated to the Italeri Hawk 100 wing. The wing fitted rather well, the Matchbox fuselage being just slightly narrower. I have used the Italeri undercarriage, air intakes and horizontal stabilisers. The box at the base of the fin is from the Airfix 100 (cheers to the person who donated it :thanks: ), the RWR on the fin from scrap plastic. The camo and markings purely fictional, decals from the spares box.

20130504_115725.jpg

20130504_115715.jpg

20130504_115643.jpg

20130504_115629.jpg

Certainly more cross-kitting in the future, i've got the folding Seafire XVII wing on the Seafire LIII and the Airfix Lightning F3 belly tank on my Matchbox T55

Cheers for looking

Chris

Nice looking Hawk 200, I have one in progress my self using the front end of the Matchbox 200 and an Airfix T1 for the rest.

That looks great. The nose looks better than what i remember on the matchbox kit.

I really wish Airfix would release a hawk 200 kit as it's a plane that i remember my dad coming home and telling me a bout it and bringing me pictures home and telling me when it first flew (and the unfortunate accident) when he worked at Dunsfold along with my uncle. Wish i'd kept the pictures and things now instead of hunting stuff down on ebay.

I have been tempted by the neomega conversion kits but the £20+ delivered price always puts me off a bit.

Come on Airfix - Hawk 200 kit with option for both prototype finishes and maybe the Oman version to!

Looks very, very good! :goodjob:

I am a fan of the 200 and must confess that I also remember the Matchbox nose looking bit worse than what you've shown us here :winkgrin:

In the end I gave in and ordered the Neomega conversion set. It's waiting patiently for me to gather enough guts to tackle it...

• Like 1