Fill-in between Harriers - 1/144 models

I thought I'd have a break from Harriers for a while and build a few models from my 1/144 collection. I also completed a build of the Space Shuttle for some friends. I did an Egg Plane for good measure, at the same time as the Eindecker build. Here's how they turned out ...

The Dragon / Italeri 1/144th Intruder A-6E. Nice little kit, but the decals I had were completely knackered and many went on in little pieces. One for the dustbin of history perhaps ...

Intruder-001_zps2d9451ed.jpg

Next up is the Airfix 1/144th Space Shuttle (yes I know it's in the wrong place as not an aircraft - well most of the time not, anyway). Built from out-of-the-box for friends - this is done as Discovery ...

Shuttel-001_zps6dc4b78e.jpg

A lovely little P-51D Egg Plane and my first attempt at a rattle can paint finish (with a touch of the lived-in look) ...

Mustang-001_zps1b6c8553.jpg

And last but not least, having seen an artist's impression of Flt Lt Alan Pollock's unauthorised flight through Tower Bridge, I thought I'd see if I could replicate it. I downloaded and printed a card model of the bridge and combined that with the Revell 1/144th scale Hunter. I made up a few decals - well, I made up a lot of things in this build. The black blob is the Loch Ness monster - she's hiding a glue blob that removed the ink from the Thames! The caption headline is "Oh Pollock! I think my wings look big in this" ...

Hunter-001_zpsbce3afd0.jpg

Comments welcome as ever.

Back on the straight and narrow again now with a build of a 1/48th scale Harrier AV-8C flying with VX-5 "Vampires".

Brilliant idea for the Hunter...excellent!

Love the models, and you have 3 there that I have still got to build. Nice to see that the Shuttle can be built up into a decent model if given the time. Also learned a little bit of history today too. I never heard about the Tower Bridge/Hunter incident either (sweet model/diorama btw). The only thing that I am not sure about... surely the RAF would of scrambled other fighters to intercept Flt Lt Alan Pollock? I'll look into this one, seems like a good read.

Very cool models and well done, shame about the Intruders decals tho.

Kind Regards,

Dazz