Eduard 1/48 Spitfire IX "Pat" (another!)

Not much to say about this kit it's already been said, though for me it didn't quite fall together and I had some issues with the pit tub fuse join and wing roots! Still I'm happy with it and they really have nailed the look of the IX. Had to do the box art markings, gotta love a Spit with nose art! All OOB, (why would you need anything else, even the exhaust stacks are beautifully moulded). Hope you like it.

null_zps8c0365b7.jpg

null_zps5ba47de4.jpg

null_zpsafe6e7e5.jpg

null_zps18bed0f9.jpg

null_zps82c6318b.jpg

null_zpsb51a4c4f.jpg

null_zps4e9b3f2e.jpg

On the flight line with 2 of her sisters

null_zpsaf86e73e.jpg

Edited by Notty
  • Like 12

That does look rather nice,...nailed it indeed,....but very good modelling too mind you, it didn`t fall out of the box looking like that!

Cheers

Tony O

Lovely job there Notty.

Thoughtful paint fade and excellent realistic weathering to boot.

First class exhaust staining(very representative of a wartime Merlin)too mate.

That is what I'd call "artistically" finished,excellent skills on display there.

Edited by Miggers

Nice job there mate, well done. Incidentally, I too had probs with the wingroot/ fuselage join, I thunk it was down to the cockpit components frocing the lower fuselage halves apart a bit too far. Again, nice job.

Really nice, thanks for the inspiration on my own project.

Not a complaint about your model, but a definite complaint about Eduard's instructions: not only do they have the wrong color callouts - upper surface was Ocean Grey not Dark Sea Grey (i'm sure everyone's caught that) - but they also got the camouflage pattern wrong.I know most people don't have the old Profile Camouflage and Markings book, which really did get it right, but if you have a Hasegawa Spitfire IX, their camouflage pattern is correct. I'm sure 9 out of 10 modelers aren't going to spot that or care, but you can't be a "Spit boffin" if you don't obsess the details. (It's right there in Rule 2.B.1.c.22! Clear as a bell, that.)