'Get it working' dio...complete

tiking

Ok guys. The figures have now been added with a dog and his water bowl. Please go easy on me as this is my first major work with figures. As you all know, I have been shy about painting figures due to my inexperience. So here are the pics.

GIW_figures5_zpsf68347fb.jpg

GIW_figures_zps59822cee.jpg

GIW_figures4_zps459ebc6f.jpg

GIW_figures3_zpsede9bb07.jpg

GIW_figures2_zps9f73f4f5.jpg

GIW_figures6_zpsa86314ca.jpg

Ok. I finally added another figure, this time from MENG civilian kit. It is a boy. Again, go easy on the paint job. ButI think I did an OK job for my third figure. I also added more bike parts and Misc.

Giw_dio6_zpsa47c9354.jpg

Giw_dio_zpsf5c42b76.jpg

Giw_dio2_zps00656ea3.jpg

Giw_dio5_zps25ddbdb5.jpg

Giw_dio7_zpscebd0e73.jpg

Giw_dio3_zpscb4cb888.jpg

Giw_dio4_zpsa0dcb9cd.jpg

Giw_dio8_zps9be871c2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brilliant,you have an amazing talent for making ordinary objects look so realistic-a great dio. The figures have come out well and give life to the dio. Not sure about the dog as I've never seen any model dogs look realistic compared to humans-no matter how well painted.

Mike

That's a great photographic work, using real buildings in background, getting the scale just right enough so it would look like real world, real life background looks better than using a painting as a background. The 11th photo.

I wonder? Do you think you could try that set up again, but if you could find older broken down buildings that could stand in as war torn buildings?

That's a great photographic work, using real buildings in background, getting the scale just right enough so it would look like real world, real life background looks better than using a painting as a background. The 11th photo.

I wonder? Do you think you could try that set up again, but if you could find older broken down buildings that could stand in as war torn buildings?

Thanks. Actually, when I took the photos i did not think about the buildings at all. I just wanted to use the outdoors to get real lighting instead of lamps.

Brilliant diorama! Fantastic detailing on the car - looks real! Well done! Please can I ask what you used for the vegitation?

Cheers,

Stix

Hi Stix. The vegetation is a combination of finely picked moss and shrubs. I look for the right ones that will fit the part. Another thing to remember that most of the good vegetation you buy but are expensive, are picked the very same way and treated the very same way I pick mine and treat them. I like using real vegetation because it looks natural which it is.

Brilliant diorama! Fantastic detailing on the car - looks real! Well done! Please can I ask what you used for the vegitation?

Cheers,

Stix

Hi Stix. The vegetation is a combination of finely picked moss and shrubs. I look for the right ones that will fit the part. Another thing to remember that most of the good vegetation you buy but are expensive, are picked the very same way and treated the very same way I pick mine and treat them. I like using real vegetation because it looks natural which it is.

Great idea - it certainly works really well. Thank you.

Cheers,

Stix

• Like 1

Really good!

BTW, I've seen a similar vehicle in Birmingham today..............

Rick.

Really good!

BTW, I've seen a similar vehicle in Birmingham today..............

Rick.

Thanks Rick for finding the winner of The Bedworth"CONQUERS DU ELEGENCE"