Revell 1:72 F-101 Voodoo

Navy Bird

sometimes, whenever an aircraft was used to deliver fresh Atlantic lobster to other CF bases, it was zapped with a "lobster".

In the mid eighties, when I got to CFB Moose Jaw, ther was one or two CT114s with a lobster zap on the luggage doors. Sadly no pics or recollection of the tail numbers.

Cheers, Tony

Thanks for the explanation Tony. I had completely forgotten about the Flight Colors decals as well. Between all of us here, I think we have covered the gambit of RCAF / CAF Voodoo decal sheets!

Hi there.

If I may; yes, white in the EF-101 roundel on my set got messed up and I've had a correction set ordered. I absolutely did know that the roundel was low vis and it was drawn that way in the source artwork But somewhere from the point of the original art creation and the sending to the printer, the white of the roundel found it's way back in. I was supposed to have had this correction set back from the printer last month. I really don't have a reason from them as to what the delay is.

But, and I do understand that there's a bias to my opinion, I'm not the only one that has made silly mistakes. There are accuracy issues or errors with every decal sheet I've seen (without exception) for the voodoo in Canadian service. You sort of have to decide what you can live with.

Thanks

David

David,

Sorry if I hit a nerve on the roundel mistake with your Voodoo sheet, that was certainly not my intention. I just made a point of mentioning it, in case someone unknowingly intended to use it before you were able to get your correction sheet out. In fact, I have your that Voodoo sheet and think it is great. I applaud you for doing the Alouette Voodoo in particular - something that has been a long time in coming. I am looking forward to your future releases. Keep 'em comin'!

I'm going to have to consider getting the "Special Markings" set when they come out in 1/72 scale. I used to live in Nova Scotia and every time we went to my grandmother's we would pass the Atlantic Canada Aviation Museum. They have a Voodoo that is visible from the highway and it is painted up in "Lynx Squadron" markings.

http://atlanticcanadaaviationmuseum.com/museum-collections/cf-101-voodoo/

Hi there.

You should be aware that the Lynx special at the museum is a repaint. They painted the starboard side markings backwards. The original read Lynx Squadron (*) Canada. The repaint reads Canada (*) Lynx Squadron If you're doing the museum version, you'll have to cut and flip one of the decals.

Hopefully those roundel replacements show up in the mail sometime soon so I can put those sets back up for sale.

thanks

David

Edited by DavidWinter

I have built one of the Revell ones in the past and used Belcher Bits decals. Looking to have a go with the Canuck Models set for the two I still have in my stash.

David Winter, any chance of one of your coffee mugs! :thumbsup:

That's great, I'll bookmark that page.

Now if we could only get someone to do a 'Canuck Modeller' mug. The graphic being a beaver with a head magnifer on using an X-Acto knife on a piece of wood!!

Edited by Flyboy72nd

Mine arrived yesterday from Wonderland Models - under 24 hours from order to arrival. The kit looks great, as indeed does the decal sheet, but I wonder if anyone out there who's made one could flag up any tricky bits?

Many thanks in advance, John.

From experience on building two in the past from earlier issues, I found the dropped flap option is vague(unless its me?). It fits where it touches but this doesn't mean its bad at all. Just...... well...vague? The rotating weapons bay is delicate if you want it movable and finally the all moving tailplane is also a bit fragile. If these don't bother you, there are no other pitfalls that I recall. I still have a couple from the last issue to build sometime so look forward to adding these to my collection.

Enjoy it!

Hello,

I always wondered: Does the rotating "missile laucher" rotate in flight or you have to chose on the ground what config you want, falcons or genies?

Thanks for the answer

Robonth

Hello,

I always wondered: Does the rotating "missile laucher" rotate in flight or you have to chose on the ground what config you want, falcons or genies?

Thanks for the answer

Robonth

In flight, and IIRC it can either be 4 Falcons or 2 Falcons & 2 Genies.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Those folks waiting to purchase the 1:72 scale CF-101 Voodoo special scheme, the decals are back online for sale now. Those that purchased them earlier with the incorrect EF-101 roundels will get their correction sheet in the mail.

Thanks

David

From experience on building two in the past from earlier issues, I found the dropped flap option is vague(unless its me?). It fits where it touches but this doesn't mean its bad at all. Just...... well...vague? The rotating weapons bay is delicate if you want it movable and finally the all moving tailplane is also a bit fragile. If these don't bother you, there are no other pitfalls that I recall. I still have a couple from the last issue to build sometime so look forward to adding these to my collection.

Enjoy it!

One other thing, take care with the nose wheel well. There is nothing to stop you installing it back to front, the nose gear leg should be at the rear of the well not the front, it's very easy to get wrong. The 1/48 Monogram kit is exactly the same.