1/48 B-57G

I have no knowledge of this plane prior to building this kit.

Since I don't know much about B-57G, I closely follows other work in progress threads in the forum especially canberra kid's B-57G.

The following are some photos highlighting the changes I made since I starting the build a month ago.

Made a new tub with mostly frictional details using parts and panels from original kit, F-14 and F-16.

It's not accurate, but it do look better over the original cockpit.

null_zps202280c9.jpg

null_zps5b700393.jpg

Extend the nose by 5mm and stuff it full of epoxy putty and a heavy bolt.

null_zps04c8d321.jpg

Like what most of the guys had done, I also expand the width of the pod under the nose.

Beef up the size of the pod with more epoxy putty which also serve the purpose of adding more weight to the nose.

null_zps11ebe07b.jpg

null_zpsc31c8596.jpg

Some of the changes to the control surfaces.

null_zps080c3a0c.jpg

null_zpse6379c5c.jpg

null_zpsb937a836.jpg

• Like 1

Thank's guys for watching.
A little bit of update, Primed and shade the bottom with mixture of various Vallejo primer.

Also add some details to the bare wing tip fuel tanks.

null_zpsedf6d6a7.jpg

null_zps2d7232e1.jpg

null_zps09ae5f0a.jpg

null_zps4a3b7ccd.jpg

null_zps1a70b93e.jpg

Edited by HwA

Hi guys, need help on the following questions on B-57G.

1) Will the air brakes on the wing deploy when those on the fuselage are in open position?

2) Do the landing light under the wing flip out while the aircraft taxi on the taxiway?

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a very 'thickie' question but how are you masking this? Clearly the camo edges are blu-tac or an equivalent but what is the clear masking film? Whatever, it works well!

Michael

Thanks Mr B, Val, Canberra kid and Mike for your kind remarks.

I hope I don't mess up the whole thing during weathering.

Btw, is there any suggestion for white alphabet and number decals to replace those from the kit?

Airfix has the tail number printed in grey instead of white. :shrug:

I know this is a very 'thickie' question but how are you masking this? Clearly the camo edges are blu-tac or an equivalent but what is the clear masking film? Whatever, it works well!

Michael

Hi Michael, the "clear masking film" is normal clear scotch tape. They are not as flexible as masking tape but is useful to cover bigger surfaces.

These are the materials I use for masking.

null_zps554200b6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Oliver.

Not much of update as It had been a rush to complete this model for a local event.

The decal I purchase on ebay took more than double of what it usually need to arrive from USA and only reach my mailbox 2 days before the submission date.

Manage to take photos tof both bombs and wheels this afternoon during the rush to complete it before the deadline this evening.

Will try to update with more photos after collecting it back from the event tomorrow.

Bombs from Hasegawa weapon set.

null_zps61d2f2c8.jpg

Attempt to modify kit's wheel to resemble those on B-57.

null_zps1fb50e76.jpg

I had either shorten the nose landing gear too much or enlarge the chin pod too much. The clearance between the chin pod to the ground is only around 5mm now.

Wish that I had done a more thorough dry fit before cutting the nose gear. :doh:

null_zpsd3e15168.jpg

The simple base for it which was complete 2 weeks ago.

null_zpsc1bcf444.jpg

Thank you Crowbar and those who "like" this thread.

I'm lucky to walk away with a 2nd place in the event. Model suffer some minor damages on the way home.

Will take some photos to post in the finishing line after repairing and touching up.

null_zpscf911eeb.jpg

null_zps423f4fa0.jpg