Revell 1/144 MiG-27 "Flogger D"

Hello All,

Decided to build this completely OOB, and get it done quick. I've taken a look at my "stash" and I am quite shocked by how many models I own compared to how many I have built (about 12:1 ratio!). I think this kit is almost as old as I am... 1986 the instructions say, only 3 years younger than me! Ouch...

Onto the pictures...

dscf2028lm.jpg

dscf2029yy.jpg

dscf2031v.jpg

Decided to do this as an "speed" build... fat chance of that one happening. I wanted to do her on her wheels, but then remembered that the bottom rudder thing (whats it's correct name?) hinges to the side when it's on the ground. Which meant I had to cut the one you see in the picture above, to the left of the rocket pods. The cockpit shape is totally different to the fuselage, so out with the filler tomorrow.

Where I am at close of play today...

dscf2032xt.jpg

Am thinking of doing this as an Indian Air Force one, they look pretty cool. Gotta source/make some decals first.

Thank you for looking.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I have kinda "reshaped" the cockpit fuselage and filled in where the bits dont add up too well. It looks okay atm (sorry no pics), but I am waiting for the filler to cure before I go to town sanding down the bugger. I forgot about the engine intakes also, which are hiding a lot of the problems also. I'll try to get some pictures of it tomorrow. :)

The twin boomed aircraft is a Revell 1/72 Focke Wulf TL-Jager Flitzer, a Luft46 aircraft. That one will be done soon and in the RFI section. Started the decals for her today.

photo15eri.jpg

Incase you have never seen the box art before or not.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

thought that beasty in the back looked familiar!

Does the Indian version come with the cools strips colour scheme? Or am I thinking of the Mig21?

Usually I get asked if it's a Vampire or Venom... need to get her wheels on and she is done. Will be doing that soon-ish I hope. :)

Well tbh you can get both of them with "cool strips"... but I think you may mean this one?

flyingmig27778656.jpg

Not too sure if that would work in 1/144, I was also going to say that masking would be hard, but no-where near as hard as it was for the F-15. However the version I was thinking of doing was this one, but with rocket pods and maybe a fuel tank. Not sure yet, might just use the kit decals...

1643n.jpg

Kind Regards

Dazz