de Havilland Heron Airfix style

Great build. :goodjob:

Andrew

Very nice indeed, you`ve done a great job on this old kit. I`ve got a Royal Navy Admirals Barge planned for some day!

Cheers

Tony O

Very nice. I remember back in the 1960s-70s there wsad this littel airline that served t he California Central Coast and Central Valley, all the little airports, and used these airplanes with Continental 6-cylincer opposed engines. Clambering over that main spar halfway up the cabin was always fun with all the gear one was carrying...

Edited by TCinLA

I really, really like that. Lovely job!

What did you use for the silver?

The silver was Xtracolour Aluminium enamel with a coat or two of Klear, then a top coat of Humbrol Satin Coat

So is that scribed, or have you pencilled in the panel lines??

Absolutely stunning, a real cracker!!

The access panels & doors were scribed after the kits 'rivets' had been sanded off, but most of the panel lines were drawn in with an HB pencil on top of the Xtracolour Aluminium before the coats of Klear.

... most of the panel lines were drawn in with an HB pencil on top of the Xtracolour Aluminium before the coats of Klear.

Wow! I've heard of the technique but that's the most convincing demonstration of it I've seen.

Lovely job!

I've got this one half built, all sanded down just can't face the rescribing. Seeing yours, I'll have to have a go!

Cheers

John