Phantom FGR.2 Hasegawa 1/48

Congratulations on a beautiful job :thumbsup: . One of these days I might even get hold of one of these kits but, I just refuse to pay the silly prices they currently fetch second hand

! :thumbsup: .

It's real, I'll be coming back to look at this one again and again. The only thing missing is the tiny steel cap on the very nose of the radome, a wee dab of silver paint would sort that.

I've still got the Airdoc decals if you fancy making a grey air defence one sometime.

(I did notice the FG1's slotted stab though) Did the Aires cockpit and exhausts go in ok? I've got them for when I finally do my Toom.

DB

Cockpit fit very well, however exhausts are to small, I mean diameter. I have to glue around them thin plastic sheet to increase diameter. Thank you for all comments.

Stunning build. Just wish Tamiya would do a 1/32nd version particularly as some of the most diverse paint work and colour full finishes where on the British Phantoms.

Did you do a WIP thread for this build?

Cockpit fit very well, however exhausts are to small, I mean diameter. I have to glue around them thin plastic sheet to increase diameter..

I'll keep that in mind when I do my one, maybe not use the exhausts (or even better, send it all over to you to do for me :) ). You got the colours of the heat shields spot on in my opinion, something that quite often let's down builds of the Phantom I think. I can't stop looking at the model, it's as good a Toom as I've ever seen.

DB

Stunning build. Just wish Tamiya would do a 1/32nd version particularly as some of the most diverse paint work and colour full finishes where on the British Phantoms.

Did you do a WIP thread for this build?

Yes, here is all build thread: http://www.scalefun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=667

oh my god, you've done it again Artur, another stunning build. Have you used the salt chipping technique on the grey?

Regards

Bruce

Hi, Bruce, yes I used wet salt technique to achieve some chipping effects.

I'll keep that in mind when I do my one, maybe not use the exhausts (or even better, send it all over to you to do for me :) ). You got the colours of the heat shields spot on in my opinion, something that quite often let's down builds of the Phantom I think. I can't stop looking at the model, it's as good a Toom as I've ever seen.

DB

For my next grey FGR.2 I will not use Aires exhausts. Plastic ones are not so bad and with them you can get open auxilary air intakes on the sides of hull. With Aires exhausts I needed to keep them closed because the bays have to be removed to make enough space for resin pipes.

Thanks for all comments again guys.

Blimey mates....to a Phantastic Phantom Phan that is eye candy, music to ones Mk 1's.....in any worded statement it's just very, very loverly.