KittyHawk Voodoo! 1/48?

Now in the KittyHawk Facebook. Release in September 2016?

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/736521713066784/photos/a.736556396396649.1073741827.736521713066784/1156264921092459/?type=3&theater

getting closer...............

101_B.jpg

Just hope this kit won't be as wrong as the KH Banshee though also being realized with such a top information source as the D&S team...

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
10 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Any news about the RF-101 from Kitty Hawk?

I’m still waiting on the F-101B. The first tooling was rejected.

I know who designed the decals, they were all printed by Cartograf and delivered to Kitty Hawk over two years ago.

8 hours ago, Scooby said:

I’m still waiting on the F-101B. The first tooling was rejected.

I know who designed the decals, they were all printed by Cartograf and delivered to Kitty Hawk over two years ago.

I just wondered about the silence on the Voodoo. From the pictures I saw (cover artwork and test build or mock up) I expected it would be a 2017 release. However 2018 is also fine for me.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I didn't look back 2 1/2 years!

Plus you started the other thread :D and yes the box art is not great. It looks like they tried to put a centre line tank on, not on the shoulders where they should be.

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Scooby said:

Yes, but...

Source: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/293961-f-101b-soon-from-kitty-hawk/&do=findComment&comment=2906868

I rather think those extended-shipping-time-vendors are betting on the come -- speculating that the product will "soon" become available (since they don't  yet have it), and that they will then be able to get it to their paid up customers within in the long lead time given. And if they don't make that time frame, what do they have to lose -- they already have your money?

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

On 2018-04-07 at 1:02 AM, Homebee said:

Their website is being updated so no news there.

This seller looks to have a direct sale link with Kitty Hawk, I feel he is reputable.

I know someone who was involved with this kit, he produced the decals 3-4 years ago. They were printed at that time by Caracal and delivered to KH. The kit was delayed because KH wasn’t happy with the first test shots.

32 minutes ago, Scooby said:

This seller looks to have a direct sale link with Kitty Hawk, I feel he is reputable.

link

"

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

V.P.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 5:36 PM, Homebee said:

I'm rather concerned that sprue shots haven't been released. Sam Harrison on the FB link explains exactly why the single seater is wrong (and it's been pointed out many times before) and I'm concerned that the two seater will be even worse. I am cynical as KH have burned me twice (MiG-25 and Banshee) and singed me twice (Huey and Twogar) the latter, again, after concerns were raised at the CAD stage and ignored. Again. Then they lash out at the forum trolls for bringing these errors to light. No, I'm not a fan.

10 hours ago, Scooby said:

Not the decal options I was expecting, at least the RCAF squadron is one I served in, the last one I served in. I retired a Nighthawk.

Was that when they had the F-101 or am I making you too old?

On 4/27/2018 at 6:40 AM, Muzz said:

Was that when they had the F-101 or am I making you too old?

No, you aren’t making me too old. I was in 409 during the CF-18 era. I don’t often say I retired a Nighthawk as I was only in the squadron 6 months before I retired. My squadron 416 Lynx Squadron was disbanded then reformed as 409 ( basically the same people, buildings, and jets). I was 8 years a Lynx and that is where my strongest loyalties are.

Ironically when I was fresh out of trades training and posted to my first squadron, two recently deactivated 416 Voodoo’s were flown into our base. 416 was the last squadron to fly the Voodoo in the world. My first task as a new maintainer was to decommission those two jets.

I still see them often as they are in the Aviation Museum my sons air cadet squadron parades in.

I grew up watching them at airshows. They always flew an amazing four plane show. I served with a lot of ex-Voodoo maintainers and aircrew.

I never looked at it this way before, 416 was deactivated at the start and end of my career. 409 was activated at the start and the end of my career. I also worked on ex-416 aircraft at the start and end of my career.

• Like 2

Well here is hoping for the best with this effort by KH.  I do think we will see quite a few aftermarket decals if the model is good.  I looked up the Lynx Squadron and on Wikipedia they had this great shot of a 416 CF-101 which would make a great choice:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/8b/81/f58b814a80c56026ee7461d553630373.jpg