KittyHawk Voodoo! 1/48?

droopy-i-m-happy.jpg

As announced in various dedicated homepages this will be a complete 1/48th Voodoo family incl. (R )F-101A/C (& B?).

First will be the F-101A - with kit ref.80115.

101A_zps1abfd855.jpg

101A1_zpsd3a7ced7.jpg

Source: http://s511.photobucket.com/user/andlovemen/library/#/user/andlovemen/library/?page=1&_suid=136790229292807867855436340925

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Aaaarrghhhhhh!!! No more! Please!!! My wallet cannot stand it!!!!! :yikes:

Actually remember seeing a couple of these beasts in the flesh!! Bentwaters based F-101Cs visiting RAF Leuchars! 1969 I think

Allan

Aaaarrghhhhhh!!! No more! Please!!! My wallet cannot stand it!!!!! :yikes:

Actually remember seeing a couple of these beasts in the flesh!! Bentwaters based F-101Cs visiting RAF Leuchars! 1969 I think

Allan

Likely to have been earlier: the fighter versions of the Voodoo left Britain in early 1966.

Me I'm very glad to see this kit coming. Until now the only kits of the F-101A/C had been an ancient box scale from revell and an old 1/144 kit from otaki.

(...) Until now the only kits of the F-101A/C had been an ancient box scale from revell and an old 1/144 kit from otaki.

Yes and no...

There's a F-101A/C resin conversion set for the Monogram/Revell 1/48th F-101B by C&H Miniatures

http://www.candhaerominiatures.com/catalog/f101ac.htm

F-101AorC.jpg

as well as a RF-101C resin conversion set

http://www.candhaerominiatures.com/catalog/rf101c.htm

7170_0.jpg

There 's also similar vacuform & resin sets by Koster Aero Enterprises.

Koster%2010%20F-101.JPG

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

There have been other conversions, for example Aeroclub and Airwaves did 1/72 conversions for the Hasegawa RF-101C kit. And Koster also did the F-101A/C conversion. However this is the first true kit of the single seat Voodoo fighters after the ones I mentioned.. unless we consider the 1/32 combat models vacform. This had parts for all versions and needed a lot of work to reproduce any

Me happy! Love the Voodoo single seater, one of the first Revell kits I did in the sixties was the box scale A.

Paul Harrison

This is what gets me. Monogram make a perfectly good 2 seater, KH now give us a long awaited single seater and what happens? Certain parties whinge that they would rather have another 2 seater instead. :mental:

• Like 2

Indeed two twin seaters. I have a Monogram RF-101 as well. both look very nice. Interesting to see the prices of the KH ones to but engraved detail and the wonders of modern technology will no doubt help. Cheers Chris.

This is what gets me. Monogram make a perfectly good 2 seater, KH now give us a long awaited single seater and what happens? Certain parties whinge that they would rather have another 2 seater instead. :mental:

Who are the guys asking for a B ? Canadians ! Browse through the ARC topic and you'll see.

Perhaps the Canucks can't get Monogram up there in the frozen wastes.

The kit's OOP. If it can't be found in stores, it's unlikely that it could be found in frozen wastes. Especially with recessed panel lines.

I have the 1/48 scale Monogrqam F-101and its looks so tempting to build.

Do it ! It's a beautiful kit, although not a very easy one to build at times. And of course, has raised panel lines. But it's still an enjoiable kit and the end result is impressive thanks to the size of the aircraft, the detail included and the colourful markings of the era

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Cybermodeler had a request from Kittyhawk for colour scheme suggestions for the Voodoo a couple of days ago.

Paul Harrison