Supermarine Spitfire mkIX, Eduard 1/48 MJ586 Clostermann

Just rescently finished this one, a gem of a kit.

Im still not "up there" when it comes to the final touches, so i`ll leave this as it is, so i dont mess it up more.
Need some practicing on exhausts......eek.

Well, pictures says more than words.

edspit48-1.jpg

edspit48-10.jpg

edspit48-11.jpg

edspit48-12.jpg

edspit48-13.jpg

edspit48-2.jpg

edspit48-7.jpg

edspit48-8.jpg

edspit48-9.jpg

And i must learn how to not get my pictures so damn grainy......... :/

• Like 4

Hi Jørgen,

Nice Spitfire, how was the build for you. did you enjoy it and were there any problems with fit or anything else along the way?

Cheers,

Daniel.

No real problems with fit, was some sanding need on the upper cowl, but thats it.

A realy gem, had planned to build it "Norwegian", using vingtors North Weald decals, but the schemes that id liked had short airintakes, so was too late.

Will deffo build more :)

Looks good. Do the seatbelts come in the kit or are they aftermarket?

The seatbelts are in the kit, unless you buy the "overtrees" version direct from Eduard which contains the plastic only. Buy one, you will not be disappointed!

Very nice build! Seems to be a very good kit, too.

One nitpick concerns that red cockpit crowbar, again… ;-) You might want to read this thread: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234939210-spitfire-crowbar-colour-possibly-again/

About your problems with grainy pics, they look like that because you likely had the sensitivity of your camera set on 'automatic' and the lighting was probably quite dim. The camera therefore selected a high sensitivity, which unfortunately also means quite a bit of noise.

The remedy is to 1) set the sensitivity manually to something like ISO 100 and, if you can't provide stronger lighting, put the camera on a firm support, such as a tripod. Why? Because, since the camera is 'starved' of sensitivity, it compensates by using longer shutter times. If you hand hold, you're likely to get fuzzy pics because of camera shake.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Joachim

When i started this build, the plan was to use vingtors North Weald decals, for a norwegian machine, but i descided to go for this one since most of the ones from the vingtor sheet had short intakes.

Now someone in IPMS Norway told me that this machine was flown by B-Flight Commander Thorvald Johnsen at least 3 times, so that adds a Norwegian history to this one aswell :)

• 2 years later...