Spitfire Mk.24, Eduard, 1:48

Hi all,

here some pics of my Spitfire MK.24 by Eduard (original Airfix kit). Fixed it just OOB including some etched parts and an Aires resin cockpit. The decals I used are by Xtradecal showing a post war Spit of No 80 Sqn based at RAF Lübeck, Germany in early 1948.

ItR4swA6TD.jpg

S3kDCjWdV8.jpg

YXAawKoDtL.jpg

sv9zWYfE85.jpg

GUMn1idg9K.jpg

gNr4nRnQQo.jpg

AMpNhGId4S.jpg

iPkHGbMi0C.jpg

j710Qt3Ium.jpg

• Like 8

Very nice indeed , love the markings you chose to finish it in.

One observation if i may , the undercarrage legs look as though they could be swept a little bit further forward ,

As it sits it looks a little bit too upright making the nose look too high.

Apart from this you have created a lovely looking late mark Spitfire :goodjob:

Very impressive finish, I like it a lot. Have to agree with Keith about the rake of the undercarriage though. Also, the doors look as af they may be on the wrong way round and the torque links would foul the wing when the undercarriage was retracted. None of this is meant as a criticism just observations of an otherwise impeccable build.

OOB, but with Etch, Resin and AM Decals... So not really OOB then. :D

Great job though.

He is technically correct as the Aires resin and etch comes with the Eduard boxing. A good value set if you can still find one.

Thanks for sharing

Howard

OOB, but with Etch, Resin and AM Decals... So not really OOB then. :D Great job though.

As already mentioned the Eduard box offers the etch and resin parts and the Aires cockpit as well.

If you were to crank the gear forward about 5 degrees to where they should be so it sits right, you'd have a superb model, since the rest of the work is excellent. This is not a difficult correction to make, with a couple drops of C-A glue.

If you were to crank the gear forward about 5 degrees to where they should be so it sits right, you'd have a superb model, since the rest of the work is excellent. This is not a difficult correction to make, with a couple drops of C-A glue.

Thanks for that, will do so. Should be no problem .

We're getting some very tasty looking Spifires on here just lately, this being one of them, great paint work. Are those Eduard flaps you've used? I'm quite tempted to use them on the Eduard Mk.IX I've just started to build.

Tim.