1/72 F-51 Mustang (fourth build since 'holiday')

What we have here is my fourth build since my thirty year break. There does seem to be quite a few of us like that. Must be the water. Or the pies more likely in my case. :eat:

So, after fighting with my 1/72 SHAR build (and winning), and with time being at a bit of a premium, an OOB build of the very nice new Airfix F-51 Mustang was in order. It's a shame they weren't this good when I was at school. :)

Even so, I like to try something new in these 'return to modelling' builds, so an NMF was just the ticket. I thought I'd try the Alclad2 stuff everyone bangs on about, so this is just a simple Alclad2 Aluminium, with some Tamiya metallic acrylics over the top in places.

It also appears that Mustangs do appear to be a bit popular this week, so sorry for posting another one. :sorry:

Not sure what my next build will be, maybe another cleaner NMF on an F-100D, but here are the pictures of this one. :)

8702805970_f78fa7f69a_b.jpg
Setup01 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

8702806396_e57f2e37b1_b.jpg
Setup03 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

8701684689_6202dfcf2b_b.jpg
Setup02 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

8701685529_d0fdbe44e9_b.jpg
Setup06 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

8702806592_42a7bf2ef2_b.jpg
Setup04 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

8701685775_ff8e5febdd_b.jpg
Setup07 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

Edited by IrritableRabbit
  • Like 4

Irritable Rabbit,

Now dontcha go apologise for another Mustang... :wicked: Your work is OUTSTANDING... :wow:

Because I LOVE THEM..... :wub::wub::wub:

You cannot have too many...

Your Mustang is STUNNING. GORGEOUS :yahoo::yikes::thumbsup::clap:

Irritable Rabbit,

Now dontcha go apologise for another Mustang... :wicked: Your work is OUTSTANDING... :wow:

Because I LOVE THEM..... :wub::wub::wub:

You cannot have too many...

Your Mustang is STUNNING. GORGEOUS :yahoo::yikes::thumbsup::clap:

I like your posts Houston. When I see them on here they're almost always full of enthusiasm and energy. This is a good thing. :lol:

And as you like Mustangs so much, I'm more than happy that you like this one.

Thank you very much, :speak_cool:

:wall: .........................................................................................................................I surrender! I can't do his kinda work!

This made me chuckle. Thanks screech. :)

Don't apologise - that's a great looking Mustang!!

And beautiful NMF too! Keep up the good work!!

I used to apologise a lot for many things I wasn't responsible for (honest.. it wasn't me!). So I used to be a lot worse. ;)

But thank you for your kind comments. :thumbsup2:

Eveyone else:

Thank you for your time and comments. It is always appreciated. This is a horribly addictive hobby and it's great that not only are my builds better than when I was at school, but I have some where to share them.... without having to stray too far from the fridge and all that food and drink. ;) Hoorah for internet forums! :)

I'm also beginning to recognise some of the returning commentators so I'm obviously beginning to get settled in here. Oh no!! :lol:

Lovely model and like you I'm back after a bit more than thirty years of absence. Just finished a Hobbyboss Typhoon 1b and have to decide what to make next. It might well be a Mustang now I've seen your excellent example.

Beautiful !!, :bouncy: