Moebius Mk6 Iron man

So heres a couple of videos showing the progress of my Iron Man 2 Mk6 armour from moebius models.

I wanted to light it, but the eyes, hands and chest where just a little plain, so I pulled some polystyrene packing chips, tore em up with some tweezers and stuck an led into each of them, wired them into their own switch seperate from the model itself and once I painted the base, glued em on.

Now the big bundle of grey wires is actually 3 more pairs spilced off the 12v power supply, they will give power to the MkII, MkIII and War machine models when I eventually get my hands on them.

Anyway, enjoy!

I need to repaint one leg with the gold, do a little touch up where the red bled through the masking take, and add the silver components, but overall I think its coming out really nice.

Lights: 2 SMD led, 4x 3mm white led

Paints: Tamiya fine surface primer, Tamiya Gold spray, Tamiya clear red spray, Humbrol Aluminium, Revell Aqua Beige (light and dark) Revell Aqua dark grey, Revell Aqua brown.

Power: 12v 1amp mains power supply (enough to power 3 more Iron man Armours and probably more)

thanks for this, very interesting. i've just bought one of these and have been thinking what to do about the paint. im not keen on the amount of silver and gold thats slowly creeping into the iron man suits so its good to see yours (at this stage) as its much closer to the classic comic style :thumbsup:

Edited by theanorak73

I used a picture I found online as a paint reference.

http://dl.gamesradar.com/photos/ironman2_renders/IronManMK6.JPG

It's not imaged in because its over 5000 pixels so HUGE! but its a good reference, I just took some more pictures of the model as I've got some silver done, so i will upload them tomorrow.

This is a nice project to build, but unless you can get the graphite dust the paints i used give a nice candy apple effect.

its worth noting, i sprayed the ENTIRE model gold and then clear red to get the metalic red as close as I personally could.

Edited by SecretReeve

Hi, SecretReeve.

Your build looks very cool indeed, particularly with the lights.

By the way, when I went into Comet Miniatures in London about three weeks ago, they were selling the Moebius War Machine, Iron Man Marks 3 & 6 and Black Widow figures for a very reasonable 10 quid a throw. May be worth looking into for yourself?

Cheers.

Chris.

Hi, SecretReeve.

Your build looks very cool indeed, particularly with the lights.

By the way, when I went into Comet Miniatures in London about three weeks ago, they were selling the Moebius War Machine, Iron Man Marks 3 & 6 and Black Widow figures for a very reasonable 10 quid a throw. May be worth looking into for yourself?

Cheers.

Chris.

MZ have these in their sale for same price.

I picked up a Iron man MK VI myself to go with my War Machine and Black Widow. They are currently out of stock but showing as a pre-order so perhaps they'll get more stock... ordered myself a MK II chrome limited edition for £9.99 if it ever turns up is a question but for a tenner (plus £2.99 postage) it's worth a punt I thought.

Edited by SMD70

thanks for this, very interesting. i've just bought one of these and have been thinking what to do about the paint. im not keen on the amount of silver and gold thats slowly creeping into the iron man suits so its good to see yours (at this stage) as its much closer to the classic comic style :thumbsup:

Iron Man classic has always had a lot of gold... much more so than the latest movie editions. Perhaps they are taking it more classic with more gold.

ScreenShot2013-05-03at135220_zpsb218f8a7

Edited by SMD70

Iron Man classic has always had a lot of gold... much more so than the latest movie editions. Perhaps they are taking it more classic with more gold.

ScreenShot2013-05-03at135220_zpsb218f8a7

oh yeah, true about the amount of gold so i guess im talking about where the gold is. after seeing the new Iron man 3 i didn't like the new suit at all and didn't think much of the film to be honest. good pictures... thanks for that :coolio:

Edited by theanorak73

Well I can knock up a lighting kit in something like 10-20 minutes, I sell them on my website but the insutrctions on fitting it is incomplete, also the spot lights aren't included. But the websites build log gives a good indication on installing the kits.

I'm happy to knock a fiver off the kit prices or include led's for spot lights for BM members.

also, thank you :D

Edited by SecretReeve

Looking good :)