Trumpeter 1/24 Hurricane Mk IIC

Having completed a very frustrating build of the MDC 1/32 Ar 234 I needed a kit which I could throw together quickly OTB. I purchased a set of Montex masks which depict an aircraft of 126 Squadron stationed in Ta'Oali in 1941. I like the end result but my poor photography skills have failed to show the best results.

IMG_0183_zps559705eb.jpg

IMG_0180_zps0a0aa8ac.jpg

• Like 3

Great build Peter - love the Hurricane.

Did you do a WIP on the AR234? I have this in the stash so would be very interested to hear about any issues you had with the build.

Hi,

I'm too embarrassed to have posted any WIP. I think I may have sanded too much off the fuselage halves which then impacted later on with the canopy glazing. I don't think its a problem with the kit, more my inadequate skills with resin. I've built the MDC Typhoon with success in the past. There were one or two warped pieces that I had to rectify but that was no big issue. One other word of warning-the completed kit weighs a ton! Here's a couple of photos of the completed build. I tried to depict a captured aircraft being used for evaluation. I used late war RAF roundels but they may be a bit too bright. I might repaint and use the Luftwaffe supplied decals when I've got my appetite back.

IMG_0205_zps474be896.jpgIMG_0208_zpsddc93542.jpgIMG_0207_zps5b29502c.jpg