Grumman JOV-1A Mohawk

Hi Everyone,

Here`s some pic`s of my very latest completion, my third Roden Mohawk

t7doasm.jpg

Done as an aircraft of the 23rd Special Warfare Aviation Detacment, Vietnam, 1964

8QHKeOe.jpg

Built 99% OOB with just some seatbelts and antenna added

pohpfOu.jpg

As usual had a battle with the dreaded Roden decals, but had my best result with them so far

AQYDrpB.jpg

Now contemplating options for my fourth, Hopefully I`ll have got the hang of them by then !

elTRHwZ.jpg

Been hooked on these since reading "Whispering Death" by Robert Curry

pGaiGqt.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at

• Like 5

I often thought about getting one of these, myself. Seeing one as nicely done as this is, has started me thinking again. How well do they go together?.

:goodjob:

Cheers Paul, They`re not (too) bad, but I find the canopy tricky and the decals seem to be brittle and impervious to any setting solutions ( though someone else might know otherwise) and you have to be careful removing small items from the sprue as they have a tendency to break. But then, I managed it so it can`t be that difficult.

That is awesome, i love the look of the Mohawk, looks like butter wouldnt melt, until she unleashes those rockets.lol

Great build.

• Like 1

Nice built!

I like the sway braces - are they from the kit or some after market ?

Props are feathered - is this a routine?

Thanks Canoner,

Yes, they`re the kit sway braces and the props were often parked feathered as turbo props have very little resistance to stop them `wind milling` (that`s what I read somewhere)

and the props were often parked feathered as turbo props have very little resistance to stop them `wind milling` (that`s what I read somewhere)

I ought to know about it :banghead:

• Like 1

Looks to me like you've got them cracked already Russ - but, hey, why not do another for us to drool over.

Great job sir!

What olive drab did you use?

cheers

Rick

• Like 1

Looks to me like you've got them cracked already Russ - but, hey, why not do another for us to drool over.

Great job sir!

What olive drab did you use?

cheers

Rick

Cheers Rick, it`s Humbrol 155 with Humbrol 66 weathering