Battlestar Pegasus

Smiffy

Got home tonight, at the end of a pretty crappy week at work, to find a parcel from the lovely peeps at SSM, which contained the new Moebius Battlestar Pegasus (plus the Paragrafix P.E. sets). Yay!. :analintruder:

After diving into the box, I soon had the major components clicked together for a dry fit... and fit, they do. Very well indeed. B)

Peggy_zps4a9ab4f2.jpg

This is all unsupported (no tape holding it together) and it's sitting quite happily, resting on the flight pods.

Couldn't resist doing a size comparison with Galactica.

BucketnBeast_zps7f24f93a.jpg

She's definitely a big chunk o' plastic.

I've been patiently awaiting this release, before starting on my Galactica. The plan is to have both Bucket and Beast, displayed together, in formation on the same base.

Just thought I'd share some pics. It certainly brightened my day up. :)

• Like 2

Wow I did not know these were available, I am currently watching the new look BSG series 2

I hope you're enjoying it. ;)

The Pegasus has only just been released in the states, which is why I ordered mine from Starship Modeler. Moebius already have the Galactica, as well as the MK.II and MK.VII Vipers, plus the Cylon Raider and large scale Cylon Centurion. Revell have reboxed the Big G and the Vipers, for the European market (at very attractive prices).

as much as i want this (and i REALLY want it) ill wait for the Revell re-box, prices should be much lower, and a few after markets bits will be out by then :)

Currently finishing off a fully lit 'Blood and Chrome' Galactica. Cant wait to pick up a Pegasus while we in the States in a couple of month. Pegasus looks fantastic and could present fewer challenges running wires inside it. Whats the inside of the kit like for space?

Whats the inside of the kit like for space?

The inside of the main hull is cavernous. Plenty of room in there. Not sure about the flight decks yet. Theres a little surgery that needs to be done to fit the Paragrafix etched interior pieces. These etched parts have been designed to use for lighting, though. There are etched openings along the interior and exterior pieces, so I'm guessing Paul's allowed enough room inside the flightpods to fit your LED's.

The engines have enough room inside and Moebius once again supply clear exhaust parts.

I hope you're going to post some pics up of that B&C Galactica, when she's done. Would be interested to see that.

as much as i want this (and i REALLY want it) ill wait for the Revell re-box, prices should be much lower, and a few after markets bits will be out by then :)

Ditto. :thumbsup2:

Mike. :)

come on Revell dont make us wait

Peggy now !!!!!!

LOL - I think you could be waiting a while. Unlikely that Moebius will be selling their molds of this any time soon :)

I'm still dribbling over how big it is. For the money, it's well worth the investment - especially when compared to the much more expensive Bass Azz version (which is way more hazadous to your health to alter) Looking forward to seeing the first ultra detailed build up of this. Won't come from me though - I haven't even finished the G yet. Infact, I haven't touched it for a couple of weeks now.

From what I understand, he flight decks aren't hollow like the G. Something to do with molding costs. Should be easy enough to remedy.

Will now have to look out for your build log, or will you do it on this thread?

MH

Moebius don't sell the moulds. They simply supply Revell ( and Platz in Asia) with bagged product which they can then box and sell under their brand, in their territory. The product is simply diverted direct from the factory in the Far East, straight to the territorial resellers

Moebius don't sell the moulds. They simply supply Revell ( and Platz in Asia) with bagged product which they can then box and sell under their brand, in their territory. The product is simply diverted direct from the factory in the Far East, straight to the territorial resellers

That doesn't make much business sense to me. Why would they design and produce a product then give it to another company to use and then be under cut? I know I'm missing something here, but that's how it seems to me.

The market penetration of Revell is far wider and greater than Moebius, they are therefore liklely to sell more kits. Moebius sets a bagged kit price that they are happy with and make a profit on based on the number of units Revell order. Moebius might sell 1000 units at their RRP, but Revell will probably order and sell 5000. Both companies make money on the deal. Happens all the time with model kits.

Edited by Richard M

I tend to order through SSM whenever possible, because their stuff tends to come through without getting stopped. Even the really big stuff. With Culttvman, I would say it tends to get intercepted more times than not.

I also tend to think that a Revell boxing won't happen anytime soon. I think those waiting for that, may be waiting a while.

From what I understand, he flight decks aren't hollow like the G. Something to do with molding costs. Should be easy enough to remedy.

Will now have to look out for your build log, or will you do it on this thread?

MH

Yes the flightpods are blocked off internally. It's a simple matter of cutting these internal walls out, plus the long locating pins will need removing. Then the Paragrafix interiors can be added. It looks to be a nice simple job.

I will start a dedicated thread for it, but I can't see it happening soon. I have the Enterprise build going at the mo, as well as one or two others. Finding time is the problem at the moment.

Aren't the Revell versions slightly less detailed or am I getting that wrong? I know Revell did a version of the Moebius Galactica but I was sure I read that the Moebius one was far more detailed and better quality, hence the price difference (around £30 difference on eBay now)

Shame that the Pegasus is like gold dust at the moment, hopefully everywhere will be getting new batches soon :)

I have the Revell Viper MK II, Viper MKVII (which is currently £10.99 at MZ) and the actual Galactica all bought in the "Revell 3 for 2" at Modelzone a month or so ago, so less than £40 for all three.

All the kits are the same bags of plastic in both versions and have Moebius stamped on the inside of the plastic. Moebius supply Revell with the bags of sprues and Revell just put instructions and decals in Revell packaging... the Revell decal sheets have more on them than the more expensive Moebius offering.

Revell have a much bigger market in Europe so are able to offer a much reduced price.

• 3 months later...