Jaguar XJR8 LM

Scarlet

Well? What's happening? You should have had a coat of paint on it by now! I mean, you've had all night! ;)

Seriously great choice though, another iconic pairing of car and sponsorship that I will always associate together. It won't make me start smoking though...

Just out of interest - does your instructions give a glue as to a paint mix for the purple areas or is it all decals?

Building Tamiya's XJR9LM for this one and would be interested to know if there's a way to avoid having to buy a spray can only colour.

Nice choice. Gotta love a Jag !

Humbrol do a purple that is pretty close, still needs a little bit of darkening to get spot on if I recall correctly.

If this is an old boxing of the kit, the decals may be a struggle. I found they don't take to Micro Sol/Set very well and had to 'race weather' my build to make it acceptable for display.

The decal coverage means that very little purple paint will be needed so go careful and keep it to a minimum.

Looking forward to the progress.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of a disaster when I started decalling. I spilt my bottle of Microsol and decided to use the Daco medium decal softener but it turned the decals into a purple blob. I've now sourced some spare decals and another bottle of Microsol, but interest in this project has waned a bit. What started out as a nice quick and easy out of the box build has turned into a time sapping pain in the bum.

Sorry all, but I can't see me getting this done by Sunday.