Lancaster BI in 1:32 coming soon

Mike

The image looks like an up scaled version of the Tamiya kit

The Tamiya kit doesn't have handed propellors and neither does any other Lancaster yet the CAD Jockey who produced that image thinks they do.

The Tamiya kit doesn't have handed propellors and neither does any other Lancaster yet the CAD Jockey who produced that image thinks they do.

Have you told them? They have asked for help from Lancaster experts, so there's still a chance to change things. Don't just point things out on here, get involved and help them make an accurate kit. :thumbsup:

As a long expired CAD jockey I'd wager that's just because a quick 'mirror' was done to create the full 3D render - personally I'm not overly concerned at this stage...

Iain

Depends on you're point of view. I personally like the Grand Slam conversions, or the bulged bomb-bay with a Tallboy.

Ok.Would like to build a tall boy or grand slam bomber. Or maybe a dambuster...

I've heard a rumour that more versions will be released in the future.

Depends on you're point of view. I personally like the Grand Slam conversions, or the bulged bomb-bay with a Tallboy.

I've heard a rumour that more versions will be released in the future.

Fantastic news anyway. Im cleaning my desk as we speak :-)

Not yet, only the CAD files. They're obviously not ready to mould anything as they've asked for more information from Lancaster experts.

• 2 weeks later...

God knows (aka "my wife") that I usually do not care if a kit would fit into our house when finished, but I wonder how many really buy these beasts... I would not bother if HK Models would downscale their bombers to 1:48. There would be a bigger market I suppose. Anyway I fully appreciate that they make the efford to do these kits - wow.

Been doing some domestic negotiating in preparation for when it's out. Told her that she can move out of she doesn't like it !!!!!!

Better watch it, mate! She might not be the one moving out.

Regards,

Jason

Eta June? Ah nuts, I'll be at cosford ... what to do if one appears there, in a very large box? Would it even fit in the back of a panda?? May have to leave my mate behind , or sell him to pay for it

I think that's the kind of model that really would be a labour of love. Usually my level of interest lasts a max of two months, after that I just want the damn thing finished. However, if someone took a year to super detail one of these, it would certainly look impressive, and no doubt a knighthood would soon follow ( services to the plastic adhesive and enamel paint industry )!

Mind you, I'd love to see a built up one for sale on evilbay, postage = airdrop from a Herc

• Like 1

I don't think I'll ever buy one of these (not my scale really), but to be honest I don't think it is a particularly expensive kit if a price around £180 is confirmed.

Of course £180 is not pocket money, but it's the kind of money that buys a couple of medium sized modern fighters in the same scale or a Tomcat and a Spitfire. This will be a large kit with a lot of parts and could keep a modeller busy for many, many months.

Overall, I'm convinced that the size will put off more modellers than the price.

You have a point there Giorgio I think. The size will be an issue for many. And those which really need this kit will probably sell some other kits in their stock to make place and to finance the Lancaster as a sideeffect :-D

But even if 160 GBP are the price for the kit... I mean honestly - who buys a kit like that and does not invest another 50% in etch and resin etc.? :banghead:

You have a point there Giorgio I think. The size will be an issue for many. And those which really need this kit will probably sell some other kits in their stock to make place and to finance the Lancaster as a sideeffect :-D

But even if 160 GBP are the price for the kit... I mean honestly - who buys a kit like that and does not invest another 50% in etch and resin etc.? :banghead:

I can see this turning into a money pit with all the extra etch and resin that's bound to be around !

Been doing some domestic negotiating in preparation for when it's out. Told her that she can move out of she doesn't like it !!!!!!

Thats the spirit Woody!!

I'm hoping to pick one up at SMW this year, won't be anytime before. (if it's out by then I assume!)

Having just completed the tamiya 1/48 version I might just stay clear of the 1/32. The tamiya one is very heavy when done- I would imagine you would need metal undercarriage to support the weight of one in 1/32. I also reckon you would need a dulux sized tin of black paint for it, lol. I went through 3 jars of tamiya xf-1 on mine.

Well just doing a quick scale down from real thing (taken from Wikipedia) Length = 66.4cm, Span = 97.1cm, Height = 19.5cm. I want one :goodjob: