Lancaster BI in 1:32 coming soon

Mike

Neil @ HK Models has sent me a shot of their latest CAD drawings of this highly anticipated model, which I thought I'd pass on ASAP:

cad1.jpg

The original file is over 2mb, and around 7,000 x 5,000 pixels, allowing you to zoom in to your heart's content. So it doesn't play havoc with the forum software, you can download a copy here.

You can see some more here. They are actively looking for comments on the B.I for shape and accuracy, as well as assistance with other variants through to the Grand Slam and Dambusters "specials". If anyone thinks they know enough to help, and are conversent with the internet, email & so forth, please drop me your contact details to pass on to HK. I mention the internet purely because time is of the essence, and any delays may push back the release of this behemoth. We don't want that, do we? :fraidnot:

• Like 1

:lol: the B-17 wings he was playing with today made him look a little small, actually. Put the two together, and I think it'd be neck-and-neck, although he is growing furiously at the moment - 3'4" and he's not even three! :shocked:

I'm banking on my son's willingness to have them high above his head in his bedroom ;)

Better have it hanging with thick piano wire then.

Trevor

btw me also want......if I lived somewhere bigger

I better start saving NOW!! They say Mike that children have reached half their final height when they are three.

Don't worry Mike, they said that about my son, which would have made in 6'6'' he ended up 5'10'', all that tapping him on the head did help that though :whistle:

About £185 although some places have it for pre-order at £158.

Not too bad considering the size of the beast and what other comparable "big kits" retail for.

Thinking large scale Tamiya, 1/24 Mossie and so on

Oh, I'd lay down the quid in a heartbeat if I had it. I suppose by the time I actually have the money for this monster, it'll have been released. However, I'm afraid it will end up the same as my old 1/72nd scale B-36 - it's a model I've always wanted, but I'll never build it. Well, it's good to at least have the option, though.

Regards,

Jason

The image looks like an up scaled version of the Tamiya kit ( at least the wireless op's window is in the correct place), with what looks like paddle blade props and the Rebecca aerials, if I remember correctly these were fitted to late war time Lancs and I think most MkI’s had been replaced by the Mk III by then. Hopefully the kit will come with both sizes of bomb aimers blister, paddle and needle props, flat and bubble side cockpit windows, non treaded tires and a rear turret with the option of the centre perspex panel removed as per operational Lancs, so both versions can be built. At the end of the day tho it’s a 32nd scale injection moulded kit and I sooooo defo want one.

Graham

Edited by Graham