121 Wing Typhoons at RAF Holmsley South

Harry Lime

Good Morning All,

I'm intending to do 4 Typhoons all representing the 3 Squadrons based at RAF Holmsley South, as well as MN666 of Wing Commander Flying, Charles Green. Thanks to a link in another thread, I've now got info on a 174 Sqn machine to supplement that I've found in other sources. However, the same link has thrown up a question that I'd like answered regarding Sqn Ldr Jack Collins' MN819, MR-?.

http://www.newforestww2.org/photo.php?image=241.jpg

The image in the link above shows this particular machine with a possible spiral on the spinner and the old Aeromaster sheet 48-282 Storms in the Sky Part 2 also shows the spiral in the instructions. However, looking at the image, the spiral could be the result of the prop blade casting a shadow. Are there other photos or sources that confirm or otherwise Collins' use of a spiral on the spinner? I'm guessing there should be, since Aeromaster show it to be blue. I'd really like it confirmed one way or the other before I commit to plastic!

Also, one last question. What harness should I be fitting to my Airfix Tiffies, Sutton or Q?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mark.

Edgar, thank you. Confirmed what I was thinking, much appreciated.

Simon, Thank you too for showing me that thread, I didn't find it when I was searching, either on or off the site! I'd already discounted the solid blue forward spinner option after finding the photo I linked, but having read Chris Thomas' response in Wez's thread, I feel inclined to go with a pale blue over sky spiral. Now, where to get a Sky '?' for MN819....

Mark.