Williams Bros. C-46 Commando

This is basically a short run model. Not a lot of detail inside of out. Raised panel lines and a so-so fit on some parts. My issue had an abundance of flash and some broken parts.

The model was re-scribed and the scheme "borrowed". Painted with Floquil Platinum mist and Model Master Insignia red. Only the kit's wing walk decals were used. All other decals are from various "spares" sheets.

IMG_1461_zps20f8d687.jpg

IMG_1460_zps514972e9.jpg

/media/IMG_1459_zps28fa7237.jpg

.jpg.html]IMG_1458_zps74d68e15.jpg[/url]

Edited by Les Moore
  • Like 2

That's a great looking build! Having done one or two WB kits, I can imagine the issues you had. Beautiful a/c, criminally under-represented in all scales.

Nice model. Well done. I like the clean look,

From what I've read the quality of the real things wasn't that good either.

Flying 'the hump' pilots reported getting very wet in the monsoon season.

Yet I've seen pics of some still operating in South America.

Pete

Nice model!

I have a kit which I plan to convert to the CW-20 prototype, which was used by BOAC during WW2. I have to make a set of correct decals as well, though.

Nils

lovely built of this rather uncommon type.

I recently achieved to get one of this rather crude kit from Rebell Hobby in Sweden. Better than Mach2 anyway. Mine will be a JASDF calibration aircraft with Flying Papa's decals one day.

Hi Les!

Now it's finish and what I see is a very good Model. I like the paint scheme and of course your very accurate and clean build. Regards, Udo.

Thanks everyone...its greatly appreciated. I accidentally deleted 3 of the photos, but have since restored them. I apologize if it caused any confusion. (Don't get old...its no fun.)