Royal Navy A-7E Corsair

Gekko_1

• 1 year later...

Some of these are great, my favorites are the 'squadron-leader' with the bumblebee, the one with the full red tail, and the Oman 1992 one. Out of curiosity, how do you render these?

• 2 weeks later...

Some great ideas here - I've often thought about doing an RAF Green/Grey A-7D - It's an aircraft type that lends itself to all manner of schemes.

Cheers

Stuart

Some great ideas here - I've often thought about doing an RAF Green/Grey A-7D - It's an aircraft type that lends itself to all manner of schemes.

Cheers

Stuart

Thanks Stuart. With regards to modelling the Corsair in RAF service, I'd go for an A-7E over an A-7D due to the refueling probe equipped A-7E version, verses the USAF A-7D with its air refueling receptable which is not compatable to anything in RAF service.

Cheers

Richard.

Thanks Stuart. With regards to modelling the Corsair in RAF service, I'd go for an A-7E over an A-7D due to the refueling probe equipped A-7E version, verses the USAF A-7D with its air refueling receptable which is not compatable to anything in RAF service.

Cheers

Richard.

Good point - I had that same thought after I'd posted and then found your RAF thread.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, with the "What If III Group Build" about to start I have to pick a Corsair to do. :banghead: Problem is that I now have so many profiles to pick from and I keep "ummm-ing and ahhhhh-ing" over which one to do and arguing with myself about my decisions! :frantic::mental: Anyway, here are some more..............................

You may well have seen some of these before, but the keen eyed amongst you will notice the subtle changes that have been made to the profile/scheme. The reason for this is that I'm busy trying to design these schemes so that I can create decals/masks for them for both myself and to sell commercially. Plus I may simply not like a previous design and wish to change it to something more in line with my current thinking. :undecided::violin:

77120Sqn20Sahara20Ball201984.jpg

89020Sqn20Desert20Storm201991.jpg

89020Sqn20Ex20Dark20Eagle202013.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 1

87120Sqn2020020CAG202013.jpg

Following on from her deployment during the ongoing Operation: Broken Scorpion, 200 had her temporary desert paint scheme stripped back to her standard Extra Dark Sea Grey and Dark Slate Grey colours with full Squadron regalia for the Royal Navy open day at RNAS Yeovilton. Her 'bomb tally' consisting of 2 x Taurus Cruise missiles, 4 x AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapons, 4 x AGM-84H SLAM-ER cruise missiles and 8 x Paveway IV 500lb laser guided bombs was retained as it helped educate the general public to the new "Stand off" role for the Corsair in Royal Navy service. The newly acquired weapons systems enabled the Corsair to engage targets at very long ranges whilst keeping the aircraft and crews relatively safe from ground fire and surface to air missiles. The integration of these weapons systems along with a new engine, cockpit and software will bring the Corsair up to FGR.4 configuration for 2015.

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 2

14ed9e78-f1f2-4fc3-9eb8-3f9cec36f359.jpg

23c8df4c-fc3e-41d6-8d5f-0981392d38fb.jpg

Putting Nose Art and a name on a plane can really give it some character. So, with that in mind I'm going to continue that theme from here on out.

212 - "Thin Lizzie" Named after the Pilot's then girlfriend.

301 - "The Book Worm" named after the Pilot's wife.

Cheers

Richard.

a3028fc1-5275-4d48-9e62-7aa989217a0a.jpg

6fdbf87e-3692-41f8-9459-65653d3550bb.jpg

103 - "Amanda's exhaustion" A reference to the pilots new girlfriend! Let's just say, she's quite keen.........................

102 - "Heavenly peace" I'm pretty sure you can work that one out.

Cheers

Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

307 - "Immaculate Misconception" was the first Corsair in Royal Navy service to drop the newly acquired GBU-24 Paveway III in combat. 307's bombs hit two hardened hangers suspected of having MiG-29 fighters within. (this was never confirmed)

0ad57450-bd47-403f-b62e-89b20745002d.jpg

Cheers

Richard.