door & ramp guns chinook merlin & lynx

6paul6

The Chinook does not have GMPGs but the M60 instead as this was supplied by Boing as part of the role fit. As mentioned above there is no aftermarket stuff for the Chinook, although you can get an M60, from Aeroclub if I remember, but the handles need to be modified. I have made a ramp fitting for a Chinook a few years ago, but I was lucky as I worked on them and could get the detail for real.

Hi Paul

I've been waiting for years for some decent british helo guns in 1/72. The only GPMG I've sourced are from a company called Aroclub. They are will need modifying for a modern version. As Jabba said the Chinook has an M60 on the ramp so look at some of the 1/72 Humvee modles for something, but again it will probably need modifying.

Now for the good news! For Chinook door guns you can't go wrong with these beauties, http://www.armycast.cz/products4.html 1/72 mini guns. I got some of these and the quality is awesome. I highly recommend Armycast.

Good luck

Matt.

Airwaves used to have a beautifully detailed resin GPMG in their range but it doesn't seem to be in production at the moment. I hope Hannants re-release it at some point

Hi 6paul6,

I have a good new for you, I had see a item for M134 mini gun with 6 barrell in 1/72 scale from ARMORY, I think these items (in catalugue there are 2 sets) are very nice , and a good base for starting with your project. Good luck Linus

Just for my two penneth- are there any suitable machine guns in the Italeri helicopter kits such as their Blackhawk and Seahawk? I had quite a few included in their Sioux kit which came in handy for other projects but obviously they are the wrong type for a modern Chinook.

Cheers

Tony O