1/48 Spitfires 18 and 19

A couple more spitfires for my collection.

Firstly a Mk.XVIII made from an Academy FR.XIVe and a Falcon vacform fuselage (thanks to my Dad for cutting and sanding the bits) Probably the most difficult model I have made. Getting the fuselage to the wing was fraught and involved lots of trimming, cutting and poor language. Finished in the markings of 60 Sqn RAF in Malaya. Decals from Aeromaster sheet 48-527. The decals for the nose stripes were a bit hopeless so I masked and painted them.
Anyway, here it is.

DSC_7549-1_zps1232b647.jpg
DSC_7550-1_zps78159bac.jpg
DSC_7551-1_zps03c012b7.jpg
DSC_7552-1_zps6d4b95f5.jpg
DSC_7554-1_zps6df96df0.jpg

Next is an attempt at the new Airfix PR.XIX. An altogether easier build. Finished with Xtracrlyix and using Xtradecal deacls. I've added a full set on invasion stripes.The are a tad on the wide side but I used 10mm Tamiya tape and 18inch stripes in 1/48 scale turns out to be 9.5mm or something like that so I thought it would be near enough. Anyway, here it is.

PRXIX_1-1_zps5fe48f68.jpg
PRXIX_2-1_zpsa9038640.jpg
PRXIX_5-1_zps834e315a.jpg
PRXIX_3-1_zps5dbdf59f.jpg
PRXIX_4-1_zpsa9797cbc.jpg

• Like 3

Hello Derek

Pleased to see the results of my help with the Spitfire, looks good and well worth the effort you put in to achieve the results. The work on the fuselage was relatively easy compared to your work.

You must have more Spitfires than the BBMF, no, sorry, you do have...

How about tackling a series of Hurricanes? next.

RAF