HMS HOOD - 1924

Decided i had to call time on this project, i've been working on this since 2007 and it was the first ship i ever started, looking back at the project ive learnt a whole lot, but made a load of silly mistakes (most notably attempting a major revision for my first ever ship!) almost right out off the bat some filler i had used managed to burn a hole through the hull at the bow which needed repairing, the cage antennas proved to be a bit beyond my skill and awnings really never looked as good as i hoped, then the seascape didnt work for me and the dock i originally planned to have her moored against just wasn't working

ll that being said it holds a special place for me, I always liked Hood, she's my favorite ship and she looked her best in 1924 on the empire cruise, Learnt so much on Hood that when i did KGV in 2011 she was a far better ship that i would have been able to do when i started Hood

Im currently collecting the 1/200 Hood magazine set, so i will revisit Hood again in a year or so, and might give another 1/350 a go sometime, but for now its time to call it done and move on to something else

few pics for the meantime, enjoy, but dont judge too harshly ;)

8668424534_e503241f9b_c.jpg
8667322555_8853e5d127_c.jpg
8667322355_858ddf1fed_c.jpg
8668425266_1f85e20e07_c.jpg
8668425040_682b60ac6d_c.jpg
8668424842_3c8f8b2109_c.jpg
8668424678_d76dc3aa99_c.jpg
  • Like 4

I have to be honest mate, if that was sat on my shelf I'd be a very happy chappie.

Well done sir. :goodjob:

Edited by Deacon

As all here Andy.

Having watched this build in the build section, I am glad you finished the ship and pleased with it, I for one would be :winkgrin: .

Nice ship and nice Diorama .

Well done mate :thumbsup::coolio:

Thanks everyone, dont get me wrong, im happy ive finished her, but when you spend that amount of time on the project I can see everything that didn't quite work out how i wanted just as glaringly as the stuff which did come out ok lol, like i said though, i will revisit her at some point to finish the Cage Antennae once i work out the way to do it properly :)

cheers everyone

and you should know a IJN ship isn't going to tempt me Jason :P